Is this Possible?

dingdongbubble

7 posts in this topic

Hi

My current Hackintosh is working alright on a Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz and I am satisfied with it except for the laggy performance.

So my dad has a Core Duo laptop which he uses for work. I was wondering if it is possible for me to easily put Mac OSX on it and ON THE SAME DAY remove it and leave the computer as though nothing ever happened. If I do anything wrong with his HDD or his computer goes wrong, its my funeral LOL so I want to use Mac OSX on it in such a way that he wont notice that it was there at all, it is safe and easy to put on and off.

Something like a Linux LiveCD but the data should be saveable. I dont want to make a clean install everytime. Would an external firewire drive work? Would making an HDD image work? I make a partition quickly and update the partition with the Mac OSX image and install my programs and use it then and when I want to finish, I make an updated image of the HDD for later use and just delete the partition.

So is there any sneaky way like this? Fast, safe, like a livecd, data storeable(I dont want a clean install everytime), programs installable and kept for later use.

there's the kismus live DVD, but it's more of a toolkit than a proper environment.. useful to check for basic compatibility, though..

Your best bet would be to get a bootable external harddrive and install on that..

Not that I would necessarily recommend this, but I carry a 2.5" harddrive in the caddy that fits works' IBM t40's with 10.4.9 all set up on it, so I can slot it straight in should I wish to. That way, changing OS is just a power down and the twist of a coin away, and the existing install is entirely untouched.

Does it have to be firewire? And is it possible to use partitions on the HDD so my data goes on one and the Mac OSX on the other?Oh and if I make this external FW HDD Mac bootable thing, will it work only with one computer or can it adapt to other computers with their different drivers and stufF?

What's are your specs? and if it supports usb boot then simply get any hackintosh dvd and install it on external hdd. losing data or not losing depends how good are u reading the forums and guides to install it.