Computer is stuttering...

StealthMode

5 posts in this topic

Nothing is fluid, the sound sounds distorted and delayed, mouse movement stutters, it isn't as fluid as it normally is... It seems I always have to reboot, then a day or so later it starts again... The other day I came back to it and nothing worked, I could only move the mouse, couldn't click on anything.. Not sure what the deal is...

Specs are in my sig. I am running the AMD 10.5.1 Leo DVD. (40+ page topic in the Leo Installation forum.)

I have the same problem, but limited to audio. Everything else seems to be ok. Especially when I play a DVD audio is terribly stuttered and I hear pops and clicks, but this happens also when I listen to mp3 with Itunes.

Don't know if could be an FSB problem because with new kernels FSB should be detected automatically.

I'm running Leopard with Kaliway installation.

p.s. a strange thing is that if I remove Natit or NVInject (which I use for Nvidia 7300 go) audio in mp3 seems to be ok (DVD doesn't work of course because of absence of video drivers).

Even I got the same problem. About the mac detected my clock speed right but it said Unknown Processor. After installing Taruga's Patch, audio worked but it stuttered. I rebooted with "cpus=1 fsb=200" (I have single core HT P4 SSE3 with FSB 800Mhz) and since then no more stuttering!

I rebooted with "cpus=1 fsb=200" (I have single core HT P4 SSE3 with FSB 800Mhz) and since then no more stuttering!

maybe that is the solution for StealthMode's problem....

my problem otherwise seem to be related some way to video driver, in particular maybe the cause is QE/CI.... Without Natit, Titan or Nvinject audio is perfect. maybe I should try with NvidiaEFI , but site is down and I can't download last driver.