m1330 iatkos

sshanepowelll

15 posts in this topic

It installs and works well, the bluetooth, wireless n, and builtin camera worked right out of the box. There are a couple of issues I'm having though, the biggest problem is the monitor. Once the os has booted the screen goes blank and stays that way. It seems to be something that happens every time the resolution changes, or when another monitor is plugged in. The only way around it is to way until power savings kick in and turn the monitor off, after that move the mouse and the monitor turns on and the system becomes usable.

Second issue is the sound doesn't work, I'm still experimenting with this to see if I can get it working.

Other then those two issues, it installs fine with efi enabled.

• 4 weeks later...

Installed iATKOS r2 on my XPS m1330. Had to try various options and different installs before I finally found the one which wouldn't freeze up on me.

Cannot get the audio to work, not even through headphone jack. Do I need to install some kext? (ALCinject?)

Also any news on driver for intel 4935abg wireless card driver? I saw in some forum (can't remember where) that someone was working on a solution!

It installs and works well, the bluetooth, wireless n, and builtin camera worked right out of the box. There are a couple of issues I'm having though, the biggest problem is the monitor. Once the os has booted the screen goes blank and stays that way. It seems to be something that happens every time the resolution changes, or when another monitor is plugged in. The only way around it is to way until power savings kick in and turn the monitor off, after that move the mouse and the monitor turns on and the system becomes usable.

Second issue is the sound doesn't work, I'm still experimenting with this to see if I can get it working.

So Bluetooth and! WLAN do work?

That would be great. I'm going to buy this model tomorrow. I really need to know which Graphics would be better. 

Intel doesnt seem to work on DELL. Can you confirm that or do you have the Nvidia?

Please give me some advice about the Graphics.

Thanks

So Bluetooth and! WLAN do work?

That would be great. I'm going to buy this model tomorrow. I really need to know which Graphics would be better.

Intel doesnt seem to work on DELL. Can you confirm that or do you have the Nvidia?

Please give me some advice about the Graphics.

Thanks

There is a graphic driver for the 8400m gs posted by macgirl which works great with my m1330.

It's a "com.apple.boot.plist" file which you have to use to replace the original in Library/preferences/systemconfiguration.

You can find the file HERE.

Good luck.

Installed iATKOS r2 on my XPS m1330. Had to try various options and different installs before I finally found the one which wouldn't freeze up on me.

Cannot get the audio to work, not even through headphone jack. Do I need to install some kext? (ALCinject?)

Also any news on driver for intel 4935abg wireless card driver? I saw in some forum (can't remember where) that someone was working on a solution!

If you ran the AppleHDA patcher it should have installed the ALCinject.kext

Try erasing the AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext and run the applehda patcher again.

I am loving iATKOS so far but I'm having a problem with the reboot also. Blinking cursor. I'm downloading the Gparted Live cd right now. Everything runs really smooth after install but it won't reboot. I thought this was weird since I only have one hd showing up and one partition. I hope Gparted fixes it. Anyone care to shed some light?

Pentium D 1.66 GHz dual core, (shows up as Core2Duo in CPUZ and "About This Mac")

Asus generic motherboard (wal-mart pc)

2 gb ram 5300

@ Macgirl

Haven't installed applehda patcher yet. Which version do you recommend? Also how do you install? Never installed hdapatcher before. Thx

AppleHDA patcher 1.16. Newer ones doesn't work.

• 1 year later...

Other then those two issues, it installs fine with efi enabled.

I have the same issue, but if you press function escape... it will turn the display on. For some reason the display adapter thinks the external monitor port should be primary. (I think we have the same m1330) It is the one without nvidia. As far as the sound I have Appleazaliaaudio.kext and it works fine.. All of the fingertip buttons work as well. I also have the built in DVD burner working.

Dell XPS M1330

Mac OSX 10.5.6

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6

4gb Ram

• 3 months later...