Network slow to kick in on boot up

Uncle_Pinny

3 posts in this topic

My osx has been working nicely for 3 weeks or so now.

However the network is now taking a while to kick in upon boot up. Everything boots as per normal but it takes about a minute before I can use the net/sign into google notifier etc.

Any people with similar experience of this? It works perfectly once activated but is just taking a while.... very odd....

I have the same thing with Airport! It actually requires me to enable it manually, select the network and enter the password every time!

Once I'm working it's not that bad, but it's quite annoying for start up apps that require internet (i.e. Torrent, iChat, etc.).

I have the same thing with Airport! It actually requires me to enable it manually, select the network and enter the password every time!

Once I'm working it's not that bad, but it's quite annoying for start up apps that require internet (i.e. Torrent, iChat, etc.).

Different problem I think.

I'm thinking mine has something to do with Vmware Fusion from the looks of it which seems to be loading lots of network thingies upon bootup - need to work out how to stop it from doing that..... :s