Who uses an nVidia 7300 GPU over DVI?

Galen

8 posts in this topic

I would like to hear from any users who have a 7300-series card and use it with DVI out. Which brand/model? Any surprises or glitches? What resolution do you normally run? Software configuration?

I need to purchase a new card, and the 7300 is a great, inexpensive option, similar to what comes with the Mac Pro. The most GPU intensive thing I do is the Dashboard and Arabesque screen saver, so I don't need much beyond basic QE/CI support :)

Last time around, I bought an MSI card which gives me agonizing horizontal line issues over DVI out (every OS X configuration and driver arrangement), depending greatly on the resolution and image content. I don't want to waste my time with another card like this - so tell me what works for you!

This was the card that bit me last time:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814127273

ASUS EN7300GS 256MB no problems, either new kalyway10.5.1 or just NVInjext.kext. both ways, mirrored screen or side by side to a anlogue monitor, btu the DVi uotput seems to prefer to be main output!?

SticMAN

Can you plz tell me how you got your 7300 fully working with QE/CI enabled...? I have tried so many times using NVinject, Natit and Titan but i never seem to be able to get the QE/CI enabled. I used KALYWAY 10.5.1 and everytime i choose NVinject or other ones i get a blue screen when loading and funny cursor.

I would appreciate it very much mate.

Ionly use the driver on Kalyway 10.5.1 (i think it is a NVinject.kext) and it works, you must at another cause for your problem it is noot your 7300?!

SticMAN

Can you plz tell me how you got your 7300 fully working with QE/CI enabled...? I have tried so many times using NVinject, Natit and Titan but i never seem to be able to get the QE/CI enabled. I used KALYWAY 10.5.1 and everytime i choose NVinject or other ones i get a blue screen when loading and funny cursor.

I would appreciate it very much mate.

Ionly use the driver on Kalyway 10.5.1 (i think it is a NVinject.kext) and it works, you must at another cause for your problem it is noot your 7300?!

SticMAN

well when i remove NVinject kext than it loads up fine with no QE/CI, so i'm guessing thats causing the problem..! Apart from putting NVinject kext into extension folder do you have to do anything else like changing device ID etc...?

• 2 weeks later...

MF... if your card is 512MB you will need to use the gotoh nvflash mod. If 256MB and NVinject isn't working it's possible your devID needs manual insertion into NVDARes.. and NV40 kexts (boot w/o NVinject and "About this Mac" to see DevID).

That said the 7300 is likely the most successful (most widely deployed ~ w/o issue) OSx86 card..

I have purchased a MSI 7300LE for use with my hack, I initially had an 8500GT not evening going to go there. I bought the 7300LE because I needed dual display and from what I had read that card would do it. To my surprise I could not get dual display working. QE/CI worked great and setup was a breeze, just used Natit as this was in 10.4.11. But ended up buying a 7800gt, it was my understanding to get dual display to work it is best to have a card that has dual dvi. But if you just want one display to work with DVI the 7300LE would be a good choice I suppose. And the price is right, heck.