Leopard Freezes Completely

wonkajh

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Basically Leopard from this install

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=73524

freezes periodically and mainly when I am downloading from safari or firefox

i don't know what it could be if anyone has the same problem or have fixed the same problem it would be great if your would help me out.

Same problem here.

It's because theres something wrong with the Networking/LAN Drivers and two Cpu Cores, so we are all waiting for zephyroth to fix it. It mainly happens with nForce Chipsets.

To TEMPORARILY get rid of the problem, use only one CPU.

Boot up with cpus=1, or set it as kernel flag in your boot.plist - No more freezes then, believe me.

However, this fix is temporary, and I hope that he/someone is going to fix it ASAP.

I need my two Cores...

- Puttabong

I had this issue while downloading large files, or using scp

I found out that it was related to my linksys router supporting N mode. I had to force my router to only support modes B and G, and disable everything N completely.

If that doesn't work, I also read about some people experiencing this issue also related to ipv6. This was not the case for me but you might want to try to disable ipv6 if the above doesnt work or doesnt apply to you.

good luck

I am also experiance the same problem whenever I do software update it Freezes then I have to resort to a hard reboot. I am currently running the Leopard 10.5.1 by zephyroth and an ECS KN1 Sli Lite Extreme NF4 chipset motherboard with and AMD Athlon X2 4600+ eVga 7950GT OK 512MB and 2GB of Memory. I have turned off the IPv6 to see if that was the problem and it was not. So, If any one here has a fix to this problem please PM @ cyntek@gmail.com

Also: Is there a way to fix my resolution? I have went into System Pref: and to Display and it set to only one size and one size only @ 1024X768 my max resolution is 1400X900 and i would like it to be that way. if you have a solution please dont hesitate to PM me with Fix. Thanks!

;)

• 4 weeks later...

If you are using nforce lan then look for forcedeth-d.kext and replace <key>IRQTimer</key> <false/>with<key>IRQTimer</key> <true/>I posted this once but it seems to have disapeared!This works for me with both cores enabled