iAtkos vs Kalyway 10.5.1

kamikaze

60 posts in this topic

ive tryed both iatkos and KALYWAY and i cant get either of them to go into the installer! in KALYWAY it wont go past darwin when you boot up from the disc, it just sits there loading then it shuts down and restarts and keeps doing that. and in iatkos it just sits at the apple loading screen it wont go into installer either. i tryed both on two different computers and its the same. i installed Jas 10.4.7 already on mine and my friends with no problems. does any one know what to do?

• 2 weeks later...
I was about to stick my patched Jas 10.4.10 drive back into the system and give up on Leopard as this has been a rock solid workhorse ...

regards Jez

¿Jez, can you elaborate on your patched JaS 10.4.10?

JaS 10.4.8 is the most solid version I'v got running on my Dell e510. Although Kalyway 10.4.10 works, I had to tweak too much to get GMA950 working, and still no QE, and it "feels" a bit unstable.

On JaS, on the other hand, I had a rock solid, stable hackintosh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In my opinion I like Kalyway better because he released his own hacked Kernel and 10.5.2 update.I have to use iATKOS though because I need the custom ACPI package for ethernet. Kalyway kept kernel panic after I modded a special file.It doesn't really matter to me though.

Just now I tried to install iATKOS on my PC:Processore:CELERON D 366Memory:512RAMMotherboard:ASUS P5LD2 SE GPU:ATI A550OS installed: XP+Ubuntu and uses easyBCD to boot themAfter it start to installs, I just leave it there....Until the the half way line (about 50% of the progress) the monitor black out and PC restarted it self.Anyone can fix for me?Or anyone else know what's the reason?Or I should try Kalyway...this will waste me 1 more day to download and burn it out...I dare not try to install iATKOS on my ACER laptop because I have an original vista on it...I am newbie in osx86...for safety reasonn, I choose to test on my older PC before installing on my laptop...
I hope your laptop is not an Acer Travelmate 2480-2779I hope your laptop has more then 512MB of RAMI EXTREMELY hope your laptop does not have an Intel 950 GMA cardLol when i first bought my acer laptop it came with vista basic. It had 512MB of ram. and to make it better, it came with a intel 945gm card WITH a XP driver. It was like somebody just installed death on that laptop lol. Blue screen when i tried to run WoW.Sorry to get off topic ;)

• 2 months later...
Hey guys!

I am using ToH RC2 with EFI and everything works very well. Is there a reason why you guys think I should install any of the other releases (iAtkos or Kalyway)?

Thank you.

Kalyway and iAtkos now have newer versions with 10.5.2...ToH is still on 10.5.1

I'm running on a D830 Latitude and had 0 problems with iAtkos. I had to install the Sigmatel 9205 codec/kext, but no biggie there. Wireless/BT worked from the start. During the install I hit Customize and chose NVInject and selected my MB amount of my card...that was the 'customized' option I chose (Quadro NVS 140m).

Kalyway still hasn't worked for me after 3 tries. My disk is fine, but I am *not* going to change any BIOS settings just to get it to install (since I dual boot with XP for work purposes -- for now :-) ).

No problems with ToH RC2. Took almost twice as long as iAtkos 2.0i. Again, had to install audio myself...but no problems other than that.

My only major dissapointment with *all* of the releases is that I have never been able to use my D830 with my port replicator. I've got dual monitors at work, and I can't use either of them while in OS X yet. Any clues?

I'm on an HP DV8000T

2 GB RAM

2.16 Dual Core (The original dual core before Core 2 :-P)

NVIDIA 256 Shared card

My introduction into the world of Hackintosh was iAtkos and has been what I've used since. Currently, I'm running 10.5.2 via the new v2 iAtkos release. Apart from the snafu with the bad images, it's just fine once I replaced an app or two.....the rockiest part in the beginning was finding fixes for my Wireless, USB, and Write support for NTFS.....

Wireless requires I use a PC Card and swap out a file, but I'm not complaining, it's worth it in my opinion.

USB require a simple kext swap and works perfectly

NTFS-3G works fine for me...only issues I have is the whole unclean log thing if you don't "Safely" remove it from WIndows. And even that can be fixed via the Terminal.

Bluetooth works out of the box. I love using iSync to sync my iCal and Address Book stuff to my Sony Ericsson w810i. I use Amadeus Pro to make ringtones for it, which I send to it via bluetooth.

Media is just awesome, iTunes works fine, works with my 80GB 5th Gen iPod Video just fine despite the fact that it's formatted for Windows.

I love OSX and love being able to have it on my PC....it just seems to me this thread contains alot of complaints geared towards having to mod simple to intermediate things or the fact that there are glitches here and there. Honestly, it's an operating system designed for different hardware. Complaining about having glitches or actually having to know a thing or two about computers in order to make it work with a little Terminal effort is like Netkas bitching that people didn't give credit for his work when someone rewrote the install guide he made for 10.5.2 into a 10.5.3 version: Yes, thanks for the help, it was great and amazing and everyone who uses it knows it was Netkas who got us there, but you didn't make the OS, just a guide for hacking it onto PC hardware. To the people who aren't too fond of using Terminal or modding/replacing files: you're kinda in the wrong place and using the wrong OS. You're illegally applying an OS to hardware it shouldn't go on in the first place, so appreciate that it's possible in the first place, even if you have to kick it in the shins a little to make it work.

All that said, I am very greatful to be a part of such a community of intelligent people who have taken up such an awesome task as this.

Rant over.

• 4 weeks later...

Even though iATKOS didn't have all of the necessary drivers to get me up and running, with the help on this forum I MUCH prefer iATKOS to Kalyway. I don't see why Kalyway had to ruin an already beautiful UI ? :blink:

• 1 month later...

I don't like iATKOS much, however, I just burned Kalyway and am already having issues with it. The first time I got it to install (AMD Patch 2), It would give me a Grey screen immediately after the Apple Logo Bootscreen came up. The second time (when I used AMD Patch 2), it would freeze halfway through the Darwin boot process. I'd have to say that thus far, Kalyway's the only one that let me get this far, but I'm confused and can't get it to start up anyways... I'll try TOH and Brazilmac later...