Sign in to follow this  
A Hamster

Which patch for my V2000 (turion)

9 posts in this topic

Hi, which patch should i use for my tiger_x86_tar.bz2 (aka deadmoo) so i can run it on my V2000? (I have tried just running tiger_x86_tar by it self, but got that root device error. Thanks!

ps. i'm downloading '10.4.3 8f1111 dtk' since you guys like to use that more often.

so which patch should i get to run on v2000 for dtk/deadmoo?

Edited by Courtland

Advertisement

If you have the turion, get the original (unpatched) kernel and coreimage files so you can take advantage of sse3. Other than that, you'll need to remove the ApplePS2 kext somehow before booting. Then, it will only work with either usb or bluetooth keyboards and mice.

The system will be pretty unusable thus far, though, as the hard drive runs in PIO (aka really slow) mode.

ya unfortunately no ps2 controller - at least not for me. usb keyboard and mouse would work, though.

still not a big help since the hard drive runs sooooo slow.

just follow these instructions: here

good luck

I had a Turion based v2000, keyboard and touchpad didn't work. It also ran SLOW...

I returned it and purchased a Toshiba M55. Everything except ethernet and wifi works perfectly! (My Broadcom miniPCI card is on the way to fix the WiFi!)

For me it helped to move IOUSBFamily.kext to extensions.disabled! Weird but worked fine! Also a turion/ati chipset laptop.