VMWare hangs in darwin before installation

5 posts in this topic

I've been trying to get Leopard to work forever and whatever I try nothing works. I always get this error leoprob.jpg

Can anyone help? Thank you in advance (also, you gotta be kind of simple with me, computers are not my best subject -_- Basically I could only do what people tell me).

edit:

whoops, totally forgot. I have an AMD based computer (HP a1250n), if that helps any.

hmm...well, from what I heard you could run tiger through an AMD computer and VMWare. I was actually using VMWare to install it to a partitiion because the install wasnt working directly from the DVD. I've gotten past this part once, but thats it. I got to the blank gray install screen but it didnt load from there. Ever since then i was getting this problem.

edit:

also, I was following this guide: http://osx86.thefreesuite.com/leo_amd.php

I have not heard of anyone getting leopard to run under vmware, here is a quote from another posting.

"VMware doesn't virtualize HPET timersd that vanilla kernel uses. So need patched kernel such as ToH no-HPET. However, when using this in Kalyway it still doesn't fire up due to virtual DMA and CD ROM issues".