OS X Leopard on Notebook PC

sendmarksmail

9 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, hopefully I put this topic in the right place. Sorry if I didn't. I just got an HP dv6500t and just wanted to know if I could install the OS X Leopard natively. Not the hacked version. Here are my specs:

15.4" Widescreen 1280x800

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz

Intel GM965 Chipset

Nvidia 128MB 8400M GS Videocard

Intel PRO/Wireless 4965AGN and Bluetooth

LightScribe 8x DVD+/-RW

So I was wondering if anyone has the same setup and was able to install the original OS X Leopard DVD purchased from the store. That would be great. Thanks.

You can buy a leo dvd original from Apple, and then extract it to ur pc and patch it. Or you can download any of the leo dvd's that are already patched and that should work. But if you buy the Dvd from Apple, it will have to be extracted on a Mac and patched there as well.

Hey everyone, hopefully I put this topic in the right place. Sorry if I didn't. I just got an HP dv6500t and just wanted to know if I could install the OS X Leopard natively. Not the hacked version. Here are my specs:

15.4" Widescreen 1280x800

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz

Intel GM965 Chipset

Nvidia 128MB 8400M GS Videocard

Intel PRO/Wireless 4965AGN and Bluetooth

LightScribe 8x DVD+/-RW

So I was wondering if anyone has the same setup and was able to install the original OS X Leopard DVD purchased from the store. That would be great. Thanks.

Are you drunk?

Installing Leopard on a pc with nothing but the retail Leopard DVD?

You might want to do some research before you post stuff like that.

I'm not trying to be rude, but what would be the point of this forum (and macs) if you could just install OS X on a pc right from the apple store.

If by the "hacked" version you mean back in the days of 10.4.8 and below, where we had to wait ages for new kernels, you don't have to do that anymore if you use a modern core duo or core 2 duo PC. You can run Apple's stock driver and kernel without hacks now. The only "hacks" being used are PC_EFI, dsmos.kext, and any other system specific patches you may need, if you can even call those hacks, as well as the patches needed to boot the DVD.