Internal Hard Drives become`s External... (LEO)

woodoodm

14 posts in this topic

After perfect instalation EFI & BRAZILMAC my internal harddrives become`s EXTENAL!!! (yellow labels)

It`s decrease boot perfomans, and launch index servise every bootUP.

Did anybody fix this? : )

Thank`s!

• 2 weeks later...
Have you tried installing the AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext from BrazilMac post patch ?

I think this will solve your problem.

It's not "my problem".. It's a problem of all of the p35 chips owners

I try this but it's dont work.

My system freeze after replasing this KEXT's

Any ideas?

Check out my post

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry539429

Fixes BOTH the ICON and external drive to internal drive in disk utility

!!! THANK YOU !!!

My HardDrivers become's internal !!!!

And my 7600GT NOW works with vanilla KERNEL

Did Apple know about your post? ;)

post-115068-1199321909_thumb.png

post-115068-1199321925_thumb.png

• 1 year later...
Please add your hardware information to your signature.

Oops sorry.

So here is what happened, my install was fine after I installed it, I had the HD on the AHCI setting. Then one day I turn on the computer and all I see is a flashing cursor with the num, scroll, caps lock lights on the keyboard flashing. The computer is totally unresponsive. So I turn it off.

I turn it on again, get the Dell start up screen, and the cursor again and it is unresponsive again. So I turn it off.

I turn it on again, and the dell start up screen pops up, then I get the my familiar boot: prompt and login to OS X. Everything worked, except that the HD icon is the orange icon. And the DVD drive, which previously worked is not recognized(No burning device was found. If you are using an external device please make sure that it is connected and powered properly.) in system profiler. Also, under memory in system profiler, it says that there was an error getting information as well.

I've been living with this for a day or two now. The computer works fine, except that I have no DVD player.

So today, I go into the BIOS setting and set the HD to ATA. The HD is now back to the familiar metal icon, but the DVD player no longer works. In the BIOS setting it says that ATAPI CD-ROM: NONE. Does this mean my DVD drive is fubar? I try to put in a CD into the drive and it accepts it. So I know at the very least, power is getting to the dvd drive. But the eject media key that usually works on start-up doesn't work, and the OS X says I have no DVD drive.

Sounds like something got corrupted along the way.

Run Disk Utility and do a repair permissions on your system drive. Try rebooting in AHCI mode after that.

If it still doesn't work set it back to ATA - you'll need to find and install or re-install drivers for your drive controller to get full functionality back.

Then you should set it back to AHCI mode, it'll be faster.

The orange icons appear when the drives are recognized by the OS as external (as you know). This happens when the drive controller is not fully installed.

I doubt there's anything wrong with the DVD drive itself, I think it'll work again once you've got the controller identified and installed correctly.

I can't help you because I don't know what drive controller you have - look it up somewhere where Dell has specifications for your laptop. Chipset info is the overall most important hardware information - and it's missing in your signature.

Sounds like something got corrupted along the way.

Run Disk Utility and do a repair permissions on your system drive. Try rebooting in AHCI mode after that.

If it still doesn't work set it back to ATA - you'll need to find and install or re-install drivers for your drive controller to get full functionality back.

Then you should set it back to AHCI mode, it'll be faster.

The orange icons appear when the drives are recog nized by the OS as external (as you know). This happens when the drive controller is not fully installed.

I doubt there's anything wrong with the DVD drive itself, I think it'll work again once you've got the controller identified and installed correctly.

I can't help you because I don't know what drive controller you have - look it up somewhere where Dell has specifications for your laptop. Chipset info is the overall most important hardware information - and it's missing in your signature.

Thanks for the help!

It's just a bit odd that everything would be working fine for a week until now, you know? It's one thing if it didn't work off the bat initially, but this weirds me out.

OK, back to work!

Your sig is better now! The 965 chipset uses the ICH8 controller.

There are various solutions out there. AHCI mode:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=108479

Or you can try this for non-AHCI mode:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129222

I don't think it's a good idea to install both at once, be careful.

There are other solutions around, search the forums here:

http://######.com/osx86search/

(there is also an extremely handy Firefox search-engine plug-in available)

Your sig is better now! The 965 chipset uses the ICH8 controller.

There are various solutions out there. AHCI mode:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=108479

Or you can try this for non-AHCI mode:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129222

I don't think it's a good idea to install both at once, be careful.

There are other solutions around, search the forums here:

http://######.com/osx86search/

(there is also an extremely handy Firefox search-engine plug-in available)

I'll have to try this after work, thanks for the links! I did repair permission and I think I did get something like the images above for my ahci HD (not too sure, had to go to work), but I still have the orange icon.

I still think my DVD drive may be messed up, usually at the boot: prompt I can eject my cd, but I can't. Right now my boot cd is in the drive and when i try to boot off the dvd drive (setting the dvd drive as the only bootable option in the BIOS menu), I just get a "Operating system not found". And this disc has always worked for me. I can hear it spin on start up but after that, nothing.

Oh and if I try to boot into safe mode, it hangs.

So right now, if I try to fix this and it doesn't work (I can't boot into OSX) I can't think of a way to undo it- I can't boot into safe mode and I can't use the dvd drive. The only thing I can think of as a way out would be to make a bootable USB drive.