Radeontool!?

d000d

7 posts in this topic

Well... looks like after i posted this i did the install of the kext again and sleep mode worked like a charm to at least shut off the monitor. When i close the lid of my notebook it wont shut off the monitor but thats not that big of a deal. as long as sleep will work.soooo.. all you do is this.

1.extract the zip to your desktop (so you'll have RadeonTool.kext on your desktop now)

2. open Terminal, (/applications/utilities/terminal.app)

3. type sudo -s in terminal then your admin password following this, now you should be root.

4. type sudo mv /users/(YOUR USERNAME)/desktop/RadeonTool.kext /system/library/extensions (the file radeontool.kext will now have been moved to the extensions folder)

5. type sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/RadeonTool.kext

6. type sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/RadeonTool.kext

7. now, CLOSE TERMINALthen go to /system/library and look forExtensions.mkext, and also look for extensions.kextcache,Delete these two files. It'll ask you to verify and just type your password and enter. Dont worry it'll come back soon

8. reboot and it should work.

I guess it was a bad thing to post this thread so soon, but since it took me a while to figure it all out i hope this will definitely help those that are in need. ;) Post back if this helps anyone!

RadeonTool.kext.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I installed it in a Kalway 10.5.2 updated installation with kernel 9.2. It caused a kernel panic at boot :) . It's a Dell Latitude D600 with ATI 9000 video

• 4 months later...

Is this topic dead? I also would like to have better video support with my radeon 9000 on my dell d600. Anyone have it working in 10.5.x?

Is there anyone who can help me/us with this?