Installed 10.4.3 and Have a few questions...

thebookfreak58

3 posts in this topic

Ok,

I installed 10.4.3 with JaS patches, Installation was flawless and I have some questions/queries about the OS it self.

1. For some reason it changes the system time in my BIOS......I don;t know why????

2. Do I need to apply that SSE2 patch for DVD playback?? as a DVD plays back fine in VLC.....

3. Is the MacVida kext meant to load or not?? As it dosen't....

4. It detects my FX 5600 128MB AGP8X as Using the PCI bus and having 256mb of RAM......

5. Is it recomened to turn HT off?? its still on and everything thats meant to work works...)except intel azerus....no Idea why)

Thanks for your help..

System in Sig.

Ok,

I installed 10.4.3 with JaS patches, Installation was flawless and I have some questions/queries about the OS it self.

1. For some reason it changes the system time in my BIOS......I don;t know why????

2. Do I need to apply that SSE2 patch for DVD playback?? as a DVD plays back fine in VLC.....

3. Is the MacVida kext meant to load or not?? As it dosen't....

4. It detects my FX 5600 128MB AGP8X as Using the PCI bus and having 256mb of RAM......

5. Is it recomened to turn HT off?? its still on and everything thats meant to work works...)except intel azerus....no Idea why)

Thanks for your help..

System in Sig.

1.- Use search about time in OSX, since Mac OS treats the RTC as UTC and Windows treats as Local Time there is a conflict, you can set Mac OS X time Zone to GMT sot it will not change the clock.

2.- DVD Player does not work because unsupported Graphics Card, and for those who has ATI supported there is a patch from maxxuss.

3.- The MacVidia kext is for 10.4.1 so it wont work on 10.4.3, but it appear that will be a new kext soon.

4 and 5.- Again use search to find about PCI-AGP issues.