Toast is toasted (broken) OS X 10.4.11?

zeamp

10 posts in this topic

Toast Titanium 8.0.3 installed without issues but when I go to run it, it doesn't start up. The icon appears and then disappears in the dock. When I try to run any of the other toast-included apps, it of course wants my serial before I can continue but I can't get toast to load so that's out of the question.

Anyone having issues with Toast 8 on 10.4.11 (XxX)?

I had the same problem on 10.4.8. And I never solved it! And I never heard that anyone has the same problem until now! :-)

What can I say?

My solution was to use Toast 7, worked great, and also you h.ave their 7.1.3 update (better Leopard compatibility, etc), which should be enough for any kind of burning.

I just installed fresh 10.4.11, so I didn't test Toast after that, maybe I will, but 7 is good enough for me.

After getting QE/CI to work on my graphics card (Natit 1.0), Toast seems to load and function correctly on my 10.4.11. Strange... :-) For all you guys having this issue with Toast 8.0.3, check your GFX.

After getting QE/CI to work on my graphics card (Natit 1.0), Toast seems to load and function correctly on my 10.4.11. Strange... :-) For all you guys having this issue with Toast 8.0.3, check your GFX.

Ah, this can explain everything. I don't have QE/CI, even normal OpenGL.

So, 7.1.3 should be my maximum, but I don't care, it's good enough for me.

Thank you for information!

From what 'maserluv' said, Toast 8.0.1 could be your highest version without QE/CI. I'd try to find or buy a used copy off someone of 8.0.1 and enjoy all the new stuff in 8.x. It's well worth it if your graphics card isn't up to snuff or drivers aren't 100% yet.

I have both QE/CI "supported" still no luck the toast icon appears in the dock jumps up & down like crazy but still it does not start...

That's strange because after applying the Natit patch for QE/CI on my GeForce card, Toast Titanium 8.0.3 works like a champ (10.4.11 Tiger XxX). I haven't changed anything else between non-functional and functional Toast. I just finished burning Leopard on a DL DVD using it and it worked great.