Help me with my keyboard and mouse blues.

saser

4 posts in this topic

I dont know what to do anymore, I've seen this topic come up several time already in the forum, and I;ve read through the posts but they dont help. Or at least not me. They all say something about no compatibility with a ps/2 mouse and a usb keyboard or something like that but that doesnt apply to me. I have one of those microsoft wireless multimedia keyboard where it uses just one usb to connect the radio reciver to the computer. What is also a little more unique in my case is that they keyboard and mouse work just fine during the instillation of OSX but after that it just stops working. After the grey apple load screen that is, oh and there is some message that asks me to click ok and configure my keyboard but i cant use the mouse. People have suggested using an alterative mouse (usb), i tired that didnt help same thing with the keyboard(ps/2) it didnt work either. One more thing I dont know if this help but after the grey apple load screen if you are familiar with wireless devices I am no longer able to connect my mouse or keyboard to the reciver, and I have a few lights on the reciver that indicate when the "num lock" and "caps lock" keys are on those dont work either. Its as if the keyboard is dead. If anyone has enough patience to read through this long post I am very thankful and if you can help me even more greatful.

No one knows anything that could help?

My case is as follows:

I have installed Mac OS X 10.4.3 from the dmg image 1111F or whatever is called in my Pentium M Banias 1.5 1 GB RAM laptop inside a 10 GB partition in a external USB HD.

Installation was working well, everything was functional, until restarted. Keyboard is not working anymore, but USB mouse is working. The touchpad usually works if I don't plug USB mouse.

The only way I know to boot from the USB HD is having USB Legacy Support enabled, so I cannot try with that disabled (I tried already booting from primary hard disk from laptop using XP bootloader, but since the hard disk is not recognized in the startup, chain0 cannot find the Mac OS X partition.

But the case is that with the other laptop (Pentium M Dothan 1.6 512 RAM) with no option to disable or enable USB Legacy support in BIOS, keyboard is working... but performance isn't good at all. Bad audio (it's supposed to be patched already everything from JaS patch), but I'm looking for the problem that I guess is something disturbing the system performance. I guess it has the USB Legacy Support working 'cause it's booting from the USB hard disk!!! That's funny, and keyboard and touchpad works.

I guess this is not going to help you much, but it's related with your problem and I didn't want to open another thread about the same, just share my case and maybe if someone knows, get some help.

Regards

Santi

I had the same problem with my usb wireless keyboard and mouse combo. Mine are logitech, but I don't think it matters. I fixed it by deleting a filed called something like applefmdriver. The file is located in the extensions folder. I wish I could remember the whole name. Anyway that is a start.