10.4.3 not installing on a Intel D915G mb

kuau

7 posts in this topic

I got 10.4.1 to work on this machine no problem. But 10.4.3 no go.

I have "macosx_10.4.3_8f1111_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg.

I converted to ISO using UltraIso, I patched the iso using JaS.1111a.Generic.v4.ppf

then burned the dvd. No problem. Machine boots off of DVD I can boot in verbose mode but after it gets to a certain point the machine just reboots again. I cannot see where it is rebooting it goes to fast.

Should I try just using maxxus's tpm patch ?

Thanks

The patch I used was MaxxussAntiTPM_10.4.3_8F1111_raw - just manually swapped out the couple of specific files (which I can't mention here because of forum rules) and then burned. Installed a treat on my SSE3 machine. Later I added the ~1111A update package and that was fine too. Good luck!

EDIT: In case of any confusion, the 1111A was added to a working 10.4.3 installation as per Maxxuss' instructions.

Also, I don't want to knock JaS' fine work. His 4.2b has produced excellent results for lots of people, just didn't work for me and a few others. Still don't know why!

Metrogirl, I got it to work I started from scratch and used the Jas Patch again. I am installing right now.

Just curios, Since I installed the JasS patch on my SSE3 machine, did I screw some things up because the JaS patch patches a lot of different things? Side question, will newer Universal Binary Apps run under 10.4.3 or only under 10.4.4. Does anyone know if there is a time bomb in 10.4.3 and lastly, has anyone installed 10.4.3 on any of the newer Intel 945 MB that have built in Intel 950 Graphics?

Thanks

Just curios, Since I installed the JasS patch on my SSE3 machine, did I screw some things up because the JaS patch patches a lot of different things?

- The other stuff that it patches shouldn't affect your machine. If a feature is supported natively the patches apparently get bypassed.

Side question, will newer Universal Binary Apps run under 10.4.3 or only under 10.4.4.

- I have no idea! Some probably will, some might not, I guess you have to try them and see.

Does anyone know if there is a time bomb in 10.4.3 and lastly, has anyone installed 10.4.3 on any of the newer Intel 945 MB that have built in Intel 950 Graphics?

Thanks

- The consensus is that a time-bomb is extremely unlikely. Don't know about the second part but I guess if you search you might find some info.

Glad you got your install to work!