IDE no longer missing, DP35DP, thanks all.

AndrewNZ

4 posts in this topic

Installer doesn't see my IDE internal drive but it boots as a USB2 drive OK. Done the usual searches but nothing turned up. Lots of SATA issues but...

Is there a script or a kext that can solve this problem?

Thanks for any and all advice.

Problem sorted. :)

Cheers,

Andy.

PS: Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4 r3 install.

• 4 weeks later...

This board is a {censored}! I bought it too and now gonna change it. Before I had the Gigabyte P35-DS3R it worked very good but not the vanilla kernel. Now Ill buy the DS4...

btw: if you like to run your ide devices, take an adapter 2 sata....ive done it works...but what a {censored} solution!

This board is a {censored}! I bought it too and now gonna change it. Before I had the Gigabyte P35-DS3R it worked very good but not the vanilla kernel. Now Ill buy the DS4...

btw: if you like to run your ide devices, take an adapter 2 sata....ive done it works...but what a {censored} solution!

Hi. Got LAN going by using an old RealTek cheapie, and sound finally (SigmaTel 9271D) with the help of KextHelper and advice from others who had issues and fixed them.

As per your suggestion, I used a PATA>SATA adapter to convert the IDE drive now which works fine - way quicker than the USB external I had to use before then - but I'm forced to use AHCI instead of the native SATA BIOS setting. That means I can't dual boot because my Vista install is using SATA RAID0. I have to change the BIOS sttings to go from one to the other which is a PITA.

I'll edit the thread starter to reflect the fact that I no longer need the help.

Thanks for you response.

Cheers.