Strange graphical problems and extremely slow performance

menace82

8 posts in this topic

Hi. I've just bought a new mobo (asrock 775Dual-880Pro) and a new cpu (Intel Pentium D Dual Core 2.80GHz). My system also has 512MB DDRII 533MHz and GeForce 6600 LE 256MB AGP. The problem is that every mac os "distro" [Tiger (10.4.6 JaS, 10.4.8 JaS, 10.4.9 UpHuck), Leopard (10.5 RC2 ToH)] i've tried, has very strange graphical probs and very slow performance. The mouse cursor's busy animation is slow, the progress bar animation goes from slow to extremely fast, sometimes i only see the window border when i move a window. When i install the natit/titan/nvinject driver the mouse cursor moves like the animations, slow with lags. I've tried to install agpgart v2.2, but this crashes my system.

I've already tried to install tiger into another system, with the same graphic card, but with SSE2 CPU, and everything went well. So, it's not a graphics card prob.

What can i do;

Have you tried using an original IDE HDD? (if available)

You should also think about getting yourself A LOT more memory (at least 1 GB or more ram) if you're thinking about installing Leo or Tiger. I mean c'mon, 512 MB is what palm-held devices and mobile phones have today.

Have you tried using an original IDE HDD? (if available)

You should also think about getting yourself A LOT more memory (at least 1 GB or more ram) if you're thinking about installing Leo or Tiger. I mean c'mon, 512 MB is what palm-held devices and mobile phones have today.

But my disk is PATA aka IDE. I've tried Uphuck's 10.4.9 1.4 in a P4 1.7GHz with 384MB RAM and it works perfectly for everyday use and almost perfect for use with the Garageband etc... Don't forget that MacOS=Unix=Perfect Memory Management.

Right now i bought another 512MB, but the problem remains.... :)

Maybe there is an issue with my mobo's chipset (VIA PT880) but there's nobody out there to confirm it...

• 9 months later...