LinkSys WMP54G can't reconnect

Jerkfish

3 posts in this topic

Hi.

So I've just recently installed Leopard on my machine and finally got it working well with one exception.

I have a WMP54G Linksys Wireless Network card (v4.0). I used the RT61xx Ralink drivers and it works (although it recognizes it as an ethernet device)

I set up a profile, it connects. Great.

Problem is whenever the connection drops (this would happen in Windows too, however it would just automatically reconnect seconds later.) it stays dropped. Even when I go into the Wireless Netword Utility and rescan for the access point, it can't find the wireless access point. It's as if the router dissapears for Leopard. The only way I can get it to reconenct again is to do restart the computer.

I'm using DCHP (Automatic). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

So I tried switching from automatic DHCP to Manual and that didn't seem to solve the problem. I don't even really mind the connection dropping on occasion so much as I mind the fact that the Wireless Utility cannot detect the access point anymore afterwards.

• 3 months later...

how did you make it work at all?

i was looking through the forum for a couple of days now and all i found out is that there are drivers for rt61 (my card: D-link dwl-g510 v.C) from ralinktech website, BUT, these are only PPC (sais macgirl; seems to be right). i tried almost all of them anyway. Always keeping in mind to first uninstall the previous one, repair permissions, rebuild the cache etc.

i'm running on Iatkos 10.5.1

thanks for any help