iTunes can't read the preferences in iPhone

Andrea990

5 posts in this topic

Well hi guys, I've a problem.

Yesterday evening iTunes comes out with this sentence: iTunes can't read the preferences in iPhone. Restore the iPhone to reset the preferences.

Now, my iPhone is unlocked. Sim and software. And I ABSOLUTELY don't wanna brick it. So I read the instructions on http://iphone.unlock.no to see how I had to virginize my iPhone to restore it and upgrade to 1.1.1

How to "Virginize" if you already upgraded and have 04.01.13_G.

You would want to do this if you upgraded to 1.1.1, and now have 0049xxx IMEI, and Modem version 04.01.13_G. Check this in Settings → General → About.

1. Set Settings → General → Auto Lock → Never
  2. Install BSD SubSystem found in System Category.
  3. Go to Sources and tap edit and add http://i.unlock.no/ (if you haven't already).
  4. Now install "The Virginizer" found in Unlocking Tools category. This will take almost 10 minutes.
  5. When done, restore your phone to get 1.1.1 firmware reinstalled.
  6. When phone have been restored, you can Activate and unlock as normal.

This are the steps. I've checked my modem version (it is 04.01.13_G), my firmware is 1.0.2 (1C28) but there's a problem my IMEI number doesn't have 0049xxx. Where do I have to check it??? I mean these are the first 7 or the last 7 numbers?? beacuse my last seven cifres are 6852xxx...I suppose that this iPhone has been downgraded but I'n not sure.

What do I have to do??

thank you in advance

WTF Colonel???

Anyway if u were running 1.0.2 unlocked(unlocked using AnySIM) before, yes you need to run the Virginizer. Otherwise no need to Virginize

Its an AMD problem. Look on Hackint0sh's IRC for the iTunes 7/Leo/AMD patch.

emh...I use Vista right now...

Anyway if u were running 1.0.2 unlocked(unlocked using AnySIM) before, yes you need to run the Virginizer. Otherwise no need to Virginize

ok thank you.