Dual Graphics Cards Question

biird

3 posts in this topic

I recently just got Leopard up and running on my desktop using my 7300LE card. The only problem is that it isn't my main card; my 8600gts is. I know the 8600gts isnt working on osx86 yet and the only way to get Leopard to boot is to unplug my 8600gts out of the PCI-E slot.

Is there a workaround past this? I have the 8600gts in the main PCI-E slot and the 7300le in the lower slot. I haven't tried swapping slots just because of the way the heatsinks are....I don't wanna hack up the heatsinks unless I really have to.......I've checked my bios (Phoenix Bios, AN8-SLI mobo) and I can not find any setting where I can disable a PCI-E slot.

Would I have to have the 7300le in the top PCI-E slot to get Leopard to boot with both cards plugged in?

Ah. So even if I have the devID of the 7300le in the kext and made it the bootable card by having it in the top slot, it still would lock up? I saw a post along the same lines when I was searching but I didn't come across any answers. Obviously this is something I would have tried, but with the way the waterblock screws are on my 8600gts I havent given it a whirl. Thanks