Dual-Boot Issues: VISTA & MAC OS X 10.4.10

TrYp MyNe

3 posts in this topic

Ok so the install went good and nothing appeared to be wrong. but wen i restarted my pc, it just booted into vista. no boot menu or nuttin, juz into vista. i am using tubgirl's amd only osx install, and it said to make sure to choose mbr option or something to that matter. there is no option for this because i looked around. so i tried easybcd and that didn't work either, just says chain boot error and will not boot. i don't know what to do. btw vista is on a sata & mac os x is on an ata drive, so 2 separate os's. please help me!!!!!

yip nothing wrong!

you must either use a program called EasyBCD in Vista to get a boot menu OR you can set the MACOS bootpartition active and the have the F8 option(if you set it in apple.boot.plist) to boot to Vista!

If you use two drives you should set the boot sequence in the Bios¨

SticMAN

well i have it set to boot from a mbr file and the mbr file searches the drive for a mac partiton, but never finds one, says chain booting error. and when i set the mac hd 1st boot it won't boot says like problems with operating system, like it can't find it. so i have no clue what to do. i think adding a mac mbr to the hd will fix it, but i have no clue how to do it. is there any way to fix it from a mac install disk????

edit: when i say mbr file i mean that i used easybcd to add mac and it boots from a mbr file.