Any one installed leopard on ASRock P4I65G

Hussein

3 posts in this topic

Please any one sucessed in installing leopard on ASRock P4I65G , i have ASRock P4I65G with P4 3.0 Ghz prescot ,Ram 1 Gbyte ,geforce fx 5500 256Mbyte inno 3d ,2 hard IDE and Sata .when i tried to install leopard (brazil) it gave me message raid not response (smothing like that ) and did stop (i used install with -v ).so please what is the problem ?

• 4 months later...

I have just installed kalyway 10.5.2

I haven't tried sata yet but as for built in lan you might need to boot with -x -legacy.

The leo AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext seems borky for this motherboard and very slow network speed as well, when it works so backup it and replace it with

PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext which you will find in these forums. I also heard about this http://stormdrake.blogspot.com/2007/12/app...39ethernet.html which is the finished version of the same driver, however I have only tried PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext so far and since it works I didn't bother replacing it with the latest driver for leo. (yet anyways)

Other then that this motherboard should work quite well. I am currently trying audio with ac97 which does give sound but volume control doesn't work. I am pretty sure there's a better audio driver so I'll go search for it now.

good luck.

• 1 year later...