Welcome Screen always run again

anti_user

11 posts in this topic

Hello Mac users and developers! I have strange error after install and patched 10.5.0

System start welcome screen, asking me about keyboard layote and last - about transfer information Mac OS from other Mac, then i press no thanks, this freez on some time and running again from welcome screen.

I have SL disk, and Brazill Mac post-patch (but from this patch i copy only extensions, mach_kernel from this post patch doesnt working, i have mach_kernel for sse2)

i had this problem

i solved it by cloning a working 10.5.1 system with a ready user off my macbook

i think i read in one of the threads that _importing_ your user and settings from a working Tiger 10.4.x system would work to bypass this issue

create two partitions ... install and get working 10.4.x (ie JaS or other) then install leo on the first main partition and import the user from tiger ... then resize the partitions to unify them again

dont know if this will work cos ive not tried it but its what i understood was implied by that thread

hope it helps

i had this problem

i solved it by cloning a working 10.5.1 system with a ready user off my macbook

i think i read in one of the threads that _importing_ your user and settings from a working Tiger 10.4.x system would work to bypass this issue

create two partitions ... install and get working 10.4.x (ie JaS or other) then install leo on the first main partition and import the user from tiger ... then resize the partitions to unify them again

dont know if this will work cos ive not tried it but its what i understood was implied by that thread

hope it helps

Much thx to you! Try this tomorow

Your sincerelly :angel:

Leopard is not detecting your network card so it loops.

Leopard will ask you about your network in the next step, when it cannot detect your network card it loops back to the welcome screen.

hmmm... one thing - i removed all network cards from PC before installing Leopard... Any ideas?

my prob is a bit diff...

i overcome every panic error..and everything but now the welcome screen popsup ...

i pass everything,,but when the reg part comes after selecting that i dont have internet,,,,

it asks for personal details.....

i fill in everything,,but in phone number,,, it asks for 10 digit number,,and i can only enter 8 in the field..

so it doesnt pass that screen... y is that so...how 2 overcome this problem...

thanx

angel

here is the problem......

check out the pic attached...below....

it asks for 10 digit phone number.......

but i cant type anything more the 8 digits..where i have typed 12345678.

how 2 overcome this prob...cant pass this screen...restarted the sys....4-5 times...

but everytime i start the system,,the welcome screen comes up and again

smae prob appears...

thanx

angel

post-161712-1197666396_thumb.jpg

I'd say the obivous

try going back and changing your region to UK / GB

and then try putting any number

It might be it knows what US numbers should look like but not UK ones (or rather they didnt bother putting in an error algorythm for UK nos)

you can later change your time zone to what ever you like :P

heres another possible solution for the cyclic .... welcome to mac .... process

terminal commands in bold

when youve installed leo dont boot normally

instead boot to single user mode (f8 and -s)

IMPORTANT FIRST STEP

Enable the root user for your new system user by creating a password

passwd root

(when asked type the root password 2x)

now to the good stuff

touch the setup done file in the database dir

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

note the . (dot) in front of .AppleSetupDone that is its proper name cos its invisible to the gui

reboot ... it doesnt have a conventional user so itll boot to root in the gui without welcoming you to OSX

you can create an ADMIN user for yourself in the users preference pane

relogin as that new user

this works on a _real_ Mac ... I'm hoping it works on a hackintosh :(