Got problem on network card, please help!

wentao1983

7 posts in this topic

hi, everybody.

i install Toh Leopard longtime ago, anything i make accuracy, only my network card VIA6103L is unstable. it stop at sometime.

my hardware:

Intel E4300

Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-VM800PMC

Chipset: Nothbridge:VIA P4M800 Pro

Southbridge: VIA VT8237R+

RAM:2G DDR 667

HD: 320G 80G, SATA. and 100G 120G IDE

AGP slot: 7300GT (using the NVinject.kext CAN perfect)

i got the VIA network card problem long long time, i testing from other people gave information, and i change the older verison(tiger10.4). (IONetworkingfamaily. kext), but cannot be use.

today, i bought a RTL 8139 netwrok card for my Leopard, it is PCI slot. I don't know what happen with my PCI slot, cannot detection in the system information, just show not PCI appliance in my computer,

anyone can tell me some information? please help me.

thanks everyone, have nice day...

System Profiler show nothing on PCI cards, even on some real Macs, so dont' worry if it is not shown.

If you want to confirm that you the driver is loaded check teh extensions part and watch for AppleRTL8139 kext.

Use DPCIManager to see real PCI devices.

System Profiler show nothing on PCI cards, even on some real Macs, so dont' worry if it is not shown.

If you want to confirm that you the driver is loaded check teh extensions part and watch for AppleRTL8139 kext.

Use DPCIManager to see real PCI devices.

thanks for your reply,

i couldn't find the rtl8139 in the DPCIManager of the hardware lists. i found:

1106:3065 VIA Technologies, Inc VT6102(RHine-II)

but, there have one more network card,

1317:0985 ADMtek NC100 Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100

i check on google, i cannot found the driver for leoprad. anyone got the driver,post it here please, i

thought it is a virtual hardware in the leopard system?

thanks for you help, i am thousand thanks... let me improve knowledge.

thanks everybody, good night... :rolleyes:

hi, everyone,

today, i found other network card from my firend, it is a RT2500 PCI network card, i try install Ralink RT2500 driver from the Ralink website, but very unlucky, it also unstability for Leopard. lost the line at sometime.

later, i change the driver from"Prasys,"New Rhlink RT2500-USB driver(a la airport driver) 1.5", the driver is stability, but the speed very slowly.i don know what happen of the driver. but i am very thanks him..

now , i change back the older one(from the ralink website, for 4.x 1.3 version). i am very sad, why so many network card couldn't perfect running on leopard, Driver prolbem? or somewhere mistake from the leopard, and we need change somthing?

anybody can tell me, which brand network card is stability for leopard , i don want waste more time on operation with setting. might be buy MPB for myslfe. i save money now.

thanks everyone, good night..

• 1 month later...
:P HI, I come again, good afternoon everyone, nobody got same problem,and help making the problem or who can support some information please.....and thanks agian. have niece day...bye :D ...

not sure if you are still having the issue, but you might like to check out Tulip

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Networking_Tulip

I got my ADMteck AN983 pci card working using it.

• 10 months later...