Can't boot into OS X Installation. Please help!

Gen Midi

3 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the whole x86 scene and this is the first time i'm trying to install OS X Leopard on my system. I've read through the instructions on the forum and I've already got a Leo_patched_dvd iso and burned it to a dvd-r using Alcohol 120%. However the problem i'm having now is that I can't get it to boot. I've tried resetting my system and changing the bios to boot from CD but it doesn't seem to detec the disc. I read somewhere that pressing F12 during the bio screen helps, but it didn't work for me. I've already set aside a seperate physical hard disk so that I can install OS X. Can anyone help? I don't know what to do to get it to install.

Motherboard: P5K Deluxe Wifi Edition

DVD Drive: Asus (Can't remember the model) Sata Connector

HDD: Hitachi 500GB (Sata) running Vista & Seagate 200GB (Sata) set aside to install OS X

Secondly after it's install how do you dual boot between Vista and OS X? As i mentioned previously I have 1 HDD for Vista and 1 HDD for OS X. I'm hoping to get it installed tonight if at all possible. Thanks.

Actually, I found it much, much simpler to install Leopard on my Hack using the x86_flat_img method. You can find this file on the usual sites.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Is the installation process the same for that one? Thanks again.