Cheapest AGP or PCI-E video card that supports QE & CI?

legionX

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys I'm looking to build a new Hackintosh and I was wondering what is the cheapest possible video card I could buy that would DEFINITELY support QE & CI without a lot of fuss?

Also if I go with a board that has the 945 chipset won't that automatically work with full QE & CI and everything?

ASUS en7300gs for 74 euros

Sticman

Hey guys I'm looking to build a new Hackintosh and I was wondering what is the cheapest possible video card I could buy that would DEFINITELY support QE & CI without a lot of fuss?

Also if I go with a board that has the 945 chipset won't that automatically work with full QE & CI and everything?

If your looking for cheap and everything working.Take a look at the Intel GMA 950 graphics built into many motherboards . I'm way happy with my Asus P5L-MX (945 chipset)motherboard with Intel GMA 950 graphics. Everything works except the built in Ethernet has no Mac drivers. Cheap add on PCI ethernet card works fine. Despite the naysayers the Intel graphics are great for my needs. I wasn't expecting much. However they are better then the $80.00 I spent on the Nvidia PCI 5500 for another machine which was more then this motherboard cost. Gamers will likely want better graphics but otherwise it's great. I even added an "Add2 card " for $25. from newegg which gives me DVI video out.