Very, very strange! Please help!

BartNijland

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've been using the following 2 images: JaS PPF1&2 1.0.4.8, but when I burn that, and boot from I get the famous Still waiting for root device. So I tried the UpHuck v1.4a for AMD, and it justed worked? On my mobo M2N-E SATA doesn't work so I connected my old 30GB IDE HD to my pc, and just everything worked fine. But when the Installation is done, it says something like "mach reboot", so I do a hard reboot, but then it just boots Windows XP (from my SATA drive). When I Manually select the IDE drive to boot from it just skips it and goes to SATA.

Now a couple of questions..

1) How is it possible that the UpHuck release worked for me, and the JaS not.

2) Would it be possible to make JaS skip the "Still waiting for root device" error, using the UpHuck disc?

3) How the hell do I fix that mach reboot problem

:: I have 1 30GB IDE as MASTER, and 1 SATA DVD-ROM.

Please help, i've been trying forever to get osx86 working on my system :P

1) How is it possible that the UpHuck release worked for me, and the JaS not.
you have nforce chipset and a lot of osx86 distributions will not work with your sata dvd

2) Would it be possible to make JaS skip the "Still waiting for root device" error, using the UpHuck disc?
no

3) How the hell do I fix that mach reboot problem
it is not a problem, you need to find the way to boot your osx partition.

you can do it via grub bootloader (google for grub4dos),

or by using chain0 method (easier, but doesn't work on every machine)

here's how it works:

copy file chain0 from your osx86 install dvd to the root of your win partition (c:\) and edit your boot.ini file to show both windows and osx

example boot.ini:

[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
c:\chain0="Apple Macintosh OS X"

when booting, just select "Apple Macintosh OS X" on the menu which will be there for 5 seconds (timeout entry) and if you're lucky you should boot into darwin bootloader (press F8 at this point to see it).

hope this helps