Leopard on Dell XPSGEN2

thecompukid

2 posts in this topic

Ive tried to follow a few of the install walkthroughs buit still keep getting various install freezes and errors. One install went to about 89% then froze was the futhest Ive gotten. So if anyone out there has had a successful install on a Dell with specs close to my XPS laptop please reply or point me to a thread wth help. I have just joined this site today so I will still be looking and online.

Thanks in advance !!!

-

Ive tried to follow a few of the install walkthroughs buit still keep getting various install freezes and errors. One install went to about 89% then froze was the futhest Ive gotten. So if anyone out there has had a successful install on a Dell with specs close to my XPS laptop please reply or point me to a thread wth help. I have just joined this site today so I will still be looking and online.

Thanks in advance !!!

Hi. I have a dell XPS M170 (sse2 only) M proc. I willl try to point you in the right direction. I just finished installing Leo on it.

Here are the basics for getting it installed. At least this worked for me. Hope it helps.:

1) Look around for seomthing called "Format & Make Bootable HD for Leopard" iso, its made by kalaway.

Its a bootable disc. Install this following the instructions on screen

2) Try to get your hands on "ToH_x86_9A581_RC2" and install it after you finish step one.

3) Upon first reboot, I had to shutdown manually and restart. Then it loaded fine.

4) This is what is working and is not working so far (I am still testing, list is not complete):

Audio AC97 Audio - Working

Graphics were 1024x768 with no choice of other resolutions - ** Fixed with NVinject 0.1.3 for LEO ONLY - Now get Full Res.

Onboard Ehternet BC57XX- not working.

Hope this help ya.