[ToH] Leopard

sonicboom5

12 posts in this topic

i installed the [TOH] DVD correctly but after the install, the bootloader wont start. only a black screen with a blinking cursor on the upper left corner appears. can someone help? and my pc could run 10.4.9 so dont say it does not have the caplibitlites(sp).

Hey Sonicboom,

I had this exact same problem but it was because I removed the DVD. If your DVD is in...verify which dvd-drive the bios is checking. Maybe it's reading from your other drive or something. Just my two cents. Not sure if that's much help.

Good Luck

bmex63

Hey Sonicboom,

I had this exact same problem but it was because I removed the DVD. If your DVD is in...verify which dvd-drive the bios is checking. Maybe it's reading from your other drive or something. Just my two cents. Not sure if that's much help.

Good Luck

bmex63

if you were able to install leopard from ToH DVD, i would assume that your bios is ok.

i think there was like a command or script you need to run in terminal of boot DVD. this will direct boot loader where leopard install can be found. its in the tuto for ToH

if you were able to install leopard from ToH DVD, i would assume that your bios is ok.

i think there was like a command or script you need to run in terminal of boot DVD. this will direct boot loader where leopard install can be found. its in the tuto for ToH

i tried that already, it doesnt work

This has been covered numerous times.. for some reason the script doesn't work on some/most systems correctly the first time (doesn't unmount the filesystem or something).

Boot back into your ToH DVD, pull up console, run the script ("/usr/misc/script.sh Leopard" or whatever)

*then exit console and enter Disk Utility* unmount the Leopard drive (not eject!)

Go back to console and run the script again and you should be fine (assuming you are on an MBR install)

Have you followed the instructions in this thread? http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showforum=136 Specifically around the page 3 mark (it's an 18-page thread right now)

Not only is running the post-install script (usr/misc/script.sh) key, but you have to do it EXACTLY in the right way/right order or the whole thing will fail. It's really, really touchy. I must've re-installed that sucker a good 6 times already because of my own mistakes. But here is the rough order of what to do.

1) Set PC to boot from DVD

2) Run TOH DVD installer

3) Install Leopard to main partition (should be first in alphabetical order...)

4) Reboot to DVD AGAIN

5) When the multi-language welcome screen comes up, click continue

6) From this Screen go to "Terminal"

7) From Terminal: cd /Volumes/

8) umount <volumename> which is the partition that you've installed Leopard onto

9) cd /usr/misc

10) ./script.sh

11) exit terminal & close the app

12) Select to quit the MacOS installer

13) Select "Reboot" when the window comes up. DO NOT muck with "Startup disk" or you risk ruining everything

14) After the proper shutdown procedure is completed, remove the DVD

At this point, if everything has gone well, you should get the white/grey MacOS loading screen