7 posts in this topic

Well, pending sale of my current computer, i have the choice of 2 macs:

A refurbished 20" aluminium model with ATI HD2600 Graphics for $1299

The same but with HD2400 graphics but for $1049

Im using a 7600gt machine right now, will i see a huge drop in framerates, and will the card make much difference for playing games such as WoW?

WOW is not the most demanding game, but I would still recommend the HD2600 model, the HD2400 is rather low end and quite a lot slower than your 7600GT. The 2600Pro is close to the 7600GT in speed.

It's up to you, if you want to turn the settings down a notch and save money...

I don't know if you can just order it over the internet and then get it shipped to the UK. You have to send it to a US address, and get them to post it over to you, as a gift.

There's a DHL calculator for that anyway, and the iMac's weight is given on the Apple webpage.

WOW just converted the price in pound to dollars. OMG SO EXPENSIVE!!! Well if you don't have relatives/friends in the US, maybe someone in this forum will help you. Otherwise I know of a service which provides a legitimate US postal address and forwards items.

I replied to your G4 thread, I see you're buying an iMac now, so disregard...

yeah, we have relatives in the US so, thats the way that i will be doing it, but your right, you should look at apple uk's prices their 400$ more per mac than the US equivilent.

Also, just to inform, the AMD in my sig worked well with mac os x, but its very fiddly to get working and i spent a whole weekend reinstalling to have it work and then natit just brake again.