My Success

razorbladex401

5 posts in this topic

Well I just wanted to share my experiance with the install of Leopard on my custom build pc.

Here are my basic specs:

Mobo: Asus M2N-E SLI

CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 5000+ @2.64

RAM: 2 GB DDR2 @ 667MHZ

GFX: XFX 7600GT

LAN: Onboard nForce4

Sound: C-Media Integrated

DVD Burner : PIONEER DVD Burner

I like alot of user had a hard time installing Leopard. I downloaded the image that's going around for AMD chips. First problem was that the Firewire adaptor that I have was causing the boot up to get hung up. Easy fix. Since it's onboard I just disabled it. Took me a while to figure that out because I just didn't think that that would cause that to happen. Secondly I found out that in order for the OS to boot up I had to install ALL the geforce drivers that came with the disk. Now I'm not a hundred percent on that being that again it took me a while to figure out that the Firewire was causing the issue. I'm not sure if the onboard nForce4 card works because I go wireless and I have a Hawkings USB adaptor for macs. So wireless works for me. I have a dual display and that seems to work great. Audio works out of the box.

First thoughts....

It's dope! Look forward to using this more and more.

Good luck to everyone out there. It took me 2 to 3 hours to get this up and running.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello razorbladex401, im trying to install leopard on same motherboard but mine stops at

Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Fri Nov 16 14:50:43 SCT 2007; made by ToH:xnu-1228.0.2-1/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_i386

did you disable any thing else other then firewire?

Hello razorbladex401, im trying to install leopard on same motherboard but mine stops atDarwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Fri Nov 16 14:50:43 SCT 2007; made by ToH:xnu-1228.0.2-1/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_i386did you disable any thing else other then firewire?
Nope...Can you hear the disk spinning around in your drive?
Hello razorbladex401, im trying to install leopard on same motherboard but mine stops atDarwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Fri Nov 16 14:50:43 SCT 2007; made by ToH:xnu-1228.0.2-1/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_i386did you disable any thing else other then firewire?
One more thing....Is your hd IDE or SATA.....I have an IDE drive set as master and sata drive in port 4 for spare space for ubuntu/vista/and mac. It could be if your using sata that it can't find or read your disk. Someone else on this forum was having the same issue with this board. IDE is the way to go on this board.

Nope...Can you hear the disk spinning around in your drive?
Yup.
One more thing....Is your hd IDE or SATA.....I have an IDE drive set as master and sata drive in port 4 for spare space for ubuntu/vista/and mac. It could be if your using sata that it can't find or read your disk. Someone else on this forum was having the same issue with this board. IDE is the way to go on this board.
I'm using an IDE Drive on ide channel1 with hard disk set has master and dvdrom secondary.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I have HP Pavalion 6815 with Vista installed

Config;

AMD Turion TL60 X2 (2.0gh)

RAM 3gb

HD ST9160821AS ATA Device (ide mode)

I am trying to install leopard 10.5 but disk utility is not recognizing HD..I tried to change HD to ahci mode but i did not get any option from all F keys.

Can you help in this to resolve.