360 wireless controller

Chetzar

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone used or tried to use the wireless xbox 360 controller on a PC? I bought the controller and usb reciver, installed the drivers, but I still cant get it to work on my desktop. I've tried almost every USB port on my computer and it does the same thing, just light the xbox live circle up green all the way around.

I did try to use it on my macbook under windows (via bootcamp) and it paired just fine and everything worked great.

I've read, and re-read the instructions about 10 times, reinstalled the drivers, tried it with updated and un updated, and still no go on my desktop. If it works under windows on my macbook, but not on my PC could it be a usb driver issue or another hardware conflict?

EDIT Does not work on the desktop under vista ultimate either, still the same issue, this is gonna {censored} me off. $60 down the drain so far.

Found Two ways to solve this problem:

The first way is to uninstall anything pretaining to the controller installed, plug in the recevier and then install the drivers, reboot, works great.

The secondway is to while you reboot if you have installed the drivers, turn on the wireless controller and it will sync, problem with this is, you have to do it everytime you reboot and if you have to resync it or other devices you have to reboot.

I had upgraded to vista to get it to work, and it didnt, so I downgraded to XP via format and reinstall, forgot that it was plugged in, then loaded the drivers from the disk, did the update and rebooted. Leaving the controller off while rebooting (knowing I was going to have to reboot again) I decided to try and sync it once windows was running, and to my suprise it worked.

Works great for Crysis and Need For Speed Pro Street, haven't bought Call of Duty 4 yet to try, but i'd assume it will work just fine, all the controlls were premapped and both games recognized it as soon as they started, had to do no configuring and even tells you if it becomes disconnected (aka i went AFK for like 10 mins at the menu and the controller shut off to conserve the batteries)

Great you got it working.

I can also vouch that it works well for Spiderman 3 & Tomb Raider: Anniversary. I've used it with Oblivion but going through the menus was a pain for me. I also ran through the demos of Bioshock, Lost Planet, Dirt, and various versions of Trackmania without a hitch. It's a great controller.

Spiderman 3 would be a game that I'd say requires the controller as without it you spend more time concentrating on the keyboard than having fun, hence the low reviews by a lot of folks.

TR