Is there a patched 10.4.11 update?

Fatherless One

3 posts in this topic

I'm running 10.4.9 (see my sig) and would like to update to 10.4.11, I've previously tryed 10.4.10 updates but I lost my sound (I reinstalled the Azallia package with no luck) and my screen res dropped to 1024x768, again I reinstalled the package for GMA950 and still no luck.

I had 10.4.10 (XxX10.4.10 install disk) installed and running but it also had a few bugs, like it wouldn't mount files from CD/DVD's and the dictionary was buggered although Blackchungo had made a fix for this.

Did this thing yesterday with no hazzle.

Go to irc, there you'll find the patched 10.4.10 Delta-Updater by netkas, a newer 10.4.10 kernel and a 10.4.11 kernel with speedstep.

After installing 10.4.10 and rebooting with the manually switched kernel you can install the 10.4.11 update from apple. Before this you have to save the usual files in /System/Library/Extensions and /S/L/CoreServices so you can put them back after the upfgrade.

My systems runs stable and absolutely flawless now.

Did this thing yesterday with no hazzle.

Go to irc, there you'll find the patched 10.4.10 Delta-Updater by netkas, a newer 10.4.10 kernel and a 10.4.11 kernel with speedstep.

After installing 10.4.10 and rebooting with the manually switched kernel you can install the 10.4.11 update from apple. Before this you have to save the usual files in /System/Library/Extensions and /S/L/CoreServices so you can put them back after the upfgrade.

My systems runs stable and absolutely flawless now.

Thanks for the reply, I'm very "un-technical", I only found out what irc was last week lol, still haven't logged in it. Is there another way of getting those files without irc?