Leopard 10.5.1 AMD system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist not found

GingerTea

14 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I downloaded a patched iso of Leopard 10.5.1 for AMD, and I know that it's valid.

I used Nero to burn the image to a DVD.

I have NOT even installed it yet, all I get is this:

When I tried to boot it up using my external USB DVD Drive/Burner, I got the system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist not found error.

I've used the search function for hours, but none of the suggested tutorials fixed my problem!

My SPECS:

AMD X2 4200+

DFI LanParty nForce 4 Board

GeForce 7600 GT

1 GB DDR Ram

300 GB Sata HDD

Help, please!

Hi folks,

I downloaded a patched iso of Leopard 10.5.1 for AMD, and I know that it's valid.

When I tried to boot it up using my external USB DVD Drive/Burner, I got the system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist not found error.

I've used the search function for hours, but none of the suggested tutorials fixed my problem!

My SPECS:

AMD X2 4200+

GeForce 7600 GT

1 GB DDR Ram

Help, please!

Use Acronis diskutility and check that there is a red flag (bootable) on your Leo boot partition. If no red flag -> choose bootable.This worked for me.

The DVD has TWO partitions one is ISO, the other HFS+

If you cut it with a standard ISO software to get it bootable, it will ignore the HFS+ partition hence the NO com.apple.boot.plist found!!

The ISo knows how to boot but there is no MAC partition to do it from!!

Its like not having software on your drive (DVD)

You should use something that can see both partitions and combine them on the DVD so that it will boot from the ISO and the ISO part will know to use the HFS+ partition

PowerISO, Or MagicISo normally does the trick!

SticMAN

Ps in MAC Toast has a function: disk image merge, you drag the dvd image to the ISO part it will tell you it is going to ignore the HFS, then you drag the SAME image to the HFS and it will tell you it is going to ignore the ISO but it combines the for a bootable DVD!!

Hi folks,

I have NOT even installed it yet, all I get is this:

My SPECS:

AMD X2 4200+

GeForce 7600 GT

1 GB DDR Ram

300 GB Sata HDD

Help, please!

Hi again folks,

I used PowerISO and even a MacBook Pro to burn the iso to a DVD again,

and I'm sad to say that the problem still remains.

Booting with Leopard Disk gives the Error: system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist not found

Help is very appreciated!

• 4 months later...

I am resurrecting this thread because I am having the same problem. I've burned using PowerIso, Nero, etc. I've tried a couple different AMD compatible distros, I've tried different DVD medias, and I've played in BIOS as much as possible on a Pavilion dv8110us. I've formatted and reformatted my hard drives after wiping with dban...I've used the XP boot disk to make partitions, I've tried diskpart, I've tried magic partition and Acronis...OMG, I am losing my mind. I've never burned above 4x and I've followed about 6 different guides to getting the disk to install. I've put literally 15 hours into research, trial and error, and head banging frustration. Oh yes, and I've burned in Toast as well on a very slow iMac. Any ideas?

Your chipset might not be compatible. Does the DVD work in any other PC? I had the same issues on my P5K and didn't see the part that the IDE DVD drives are not compatible. :P Chances are if you have burned it several times it is probably your hardware.

The DVD shows up on my iMac as a Leopard install disc and it will load and make me restart but of course it doesn't complete install. Therefore, I know it is burned. I am loading them in VMWare but I get a boatload of errors even though I make considerable progress over booting natively. The distro I am having the most success with is Leo4All but that got to the black Leo4All splash/background screen and then I get the never-ending wait wheel. *Big Sigh*. Guess I have to retire for tonight. Another day gone, defeated yet again...

Hi All,

I had been trying to resolve this issue from months now.... And finally have come up to a solution that worked for many ! This can happen if you are using an IDE DVD-ROM to Boot the disk. If you use the disk with an external SATA DVD-ROM, it works just fine.

To overcome this issue, use a USB drive to Install Leopard. i.e. Make a USB drive, a Leopard Installation Disk. And Voila ! There you go, Leopard is running !

If someone posts the instructions on making a USB Drive an Installation disk with both the Boot side (FAT) and the Mac OS X disk (HFS), it would be very helpful....

Thanks!

I have read many threads that conclude with this solution and Leopard works! But even I am trying to figure out how to write both sides, FAT and HFS to a USB Drive. Once its done, Leopard Installation will boot just fine.

Please help with the USB Drive Installation making Instructions. Thanks!

I have the same problem. Am using an IDE dvd writer also an asus P5K. Does this mean its not gonna happen for me at all or will a sata dvd writer do the trick. TIA

EDIT: I've tried power iso (which says the image on my disk is bootable but it seems can only see the bootable part of the image) I've tried magic iso (which can see the hfs+ on the disk but not the bootable part).

I'd really appreciate some help on this.