Finally got smooth QE and CI with 9600XT

aaryn

7 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone else has got this working the way its supposed to, I have an Athlon 64 2800+ on an Asus K8V-X and just put in the new card, all of the effects work perfectly smooth like the Cube rotate and water ripple effects etc. Anyone else get to this point yet?

Does everything work perfectly with this card? eg. Resolution changing, Refresh Rate changing, QE &CI without mouse tearing? If so I will buy it, cause it's on sale for $150 regular $350CAD :D

Oh and is it this exact card?:

ATI All-In-Wonder 9600XT 128MB AGP Video Card

Thanks

Edited by binary

No I still get the slight mouse tearing, and I can't use any widescreen resolutions, I guess we have to wait for the new drivers. I didn't think QE would actually run fast though.

And how about refresh rates? can youget 85Hz? And does TV-in work?

Edited by binary

I don't understand why people bother to ask questions. I'm sure if Apple didn't even include a frame-buffer driver, they didn't implement anything for TV-in or anything like that.

Same story.. QE and CI... unable to change resolutions...

If it's an ATi card better than a 9550, they all pretty much are behaving the same I'd say. Why would this be any different?

I'm sorry, I have been reading the forums for a while and I read all of the HCL but didn't know how exactly the performance would be. I heard someone say that AMD chips have slow Quartz Extreme and Intel don't. I wanted to let people know that it was running well with that specific hardware.

For the other question, no not able to change the Hz and haven't tried TV out yet, I'm just gonna wait till they have some drivers or something for this.