Leopard 8800GTS 640MB support?

7 posts in this topic

I'm looking at rebuilding my current PC and switching it over to a hackintosh, so I have a quick question. I've been reading the boards and I have seen posts about G80 support with NVInject but I haven't seen anybody post about the 640MB 8800GTS, so I just wanted to double-check if this is usable in 10.5?

Right now my system is:

EVGA board

Q6600

4GB OCZ 800mhz

8800GTS 640MB

150GB WD Raptor

(2) Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" Panels

I'll be swapping the board out this weekend for a Badaxe2 as I want something proven stable and reliable, but before I go spend money on it I wanted to make sure that my video card will be supported. Basically I need reliable dual monitor out to 30" panels at 2560x1600.

Thanks a million.

Great I was planning on running a GUID partition with EFI 8.0 and RTM Leopard, so I'm glad to hear that. It is troubling hearing that dual monitor systems have problems though as I use my multi-monitor setup heavily, I'll have to look into this more. Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

How do you know whether a GPU is G80 or not? I'm looking at getting this: BFG Tech BFGR88768GTXOCE GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail and I'd like to make sure it's G80 before I purchase it. I have a full system configured on Newegg, and if anyone can find any Leopard compatibility flaws in it, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

High-End Hackintosh

How do you know whether a GPU is G80 or not? I'm looking at getting this: BFG Tech BFGR88768GTXOCE GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail and I'd like to make sure it's G80 before I purchase it. I have a full system configured on Newegg, and if anyone can find any Leopard compatibility flaws in it, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

High-End Hackintosh

All 8800GTXs are G80 - the only G92 are 8800GTS 512MB & 8800GT (these don't work with Hackintosh yet).

BTW: I'd choose better RAM if you WANT to OC even a little.

Thanks for the info and the recommendation, vlad!

Edit: What RAM would you recommend, actually?

I'm considering this: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16820231145

if I decide to build another Hack, with a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P Rev 2.0

That RAM is only $115 for 4GB and has very good reviews/specs for OC'ing.