Best Asus p5b motherboard

3 posts in this topic

hi,

Am planning to buy an asus motherboard with works out of the box for Leopard without patching. i found this in the HCL list that Asus p5b-vm works fully.. But am also planning for a motherboard which would support future 45nm processors.

Kindly tell me a mob which supports both todays p4 3 ghz and futher 45mn proc. Need a good inbuilt graphics and support for SATA driver.

Kindly someone help me in this.

I'm using it now: installing leopard isn't difficult, but some patches have to be applied.

My opinion? I'm replacing it with a GA-P35C-DS3R. My Asus P5B is the last Asus motherboard (i'm fifteen years old, i won't buy an Asus in my life). I have some problems with SATA and BIOS.......hardware not software.

The result? Buy another motherboard :D.

p.s. when I insert a pci card it will reboot.....oh my god!!!

EDIT: It's the third Asus motherboard that have problems. Before this one I have got:

-Asus P4B (p3 600Mhz, 2001-2003)

-Asus PC-DL (Dual Xeon based board, it's only a problem :( )

-Asus P5B (...........)

I'm using it now: installing leopard isn't difficult, but some patches have to be applied.

My opinion? I'm replacing it with a GA-P35C-DS3R. My Asus P5B is the last Asus motherboard (i'm fifteen years old, i won't buy an Asus in my life). I have some problems with SATA and BIOS.......hardware not software.

The result? Buy another motherboard ;) .

p.s. when I insert a pci card it will reboot.....oh my god!!!

EDIT: It's the third Asus motherboard that have problems. Before this one I have got:

-Asus P4B (p3 600Mhz, 2001-2003)

-Asus PC-DL (Dual Xeon based board, it's only a problem :( )

-Asus P5B (...........)

thanx for the info......

I would like to know whether ur mob is just asus p5b or p5b-vm. Have u tested the Gigabyte Mob. has any one tested it for ful lowrking...