FRESH INSTALL OF LEOPARD ON D975XBX2 BOARD

Greybaby

1 post in this topic

Hey everybody.

I recently purchased a D975XBX2 motherboard intending to install leopard on it. I installed 10.4.8 and did the update to nine and it was working just fine. I didn't read much about how to install leopard, only how to install it with the leopard disk which I dowloaded on a torrent. I did a fresh install. I did the patch and everything, but now it just restarts over and over again and it never boots into leopard. It just skips the hard drive as a boot device and goes straight to the disk. I have tried to set it up to boot from the hard drive first and the dvd first, neither boots me into leopard. My specs are as follows

D975XBX2 motherboard

500gb sata samsung

core 2 2.00 ghtz 800 front side bus

7600gt

2 gigs ocz ram

If anybody has had this same problem with a similar set up and has resolved it, any help is much appreciated!!!

The board is supposed to be extremely compatible, but I can't seem to get it to work?

If anybody has done an upgrade, and has a link to instructions or could give them clearly, that might work. I just don't know, but its listed compatible, so I know it should work. Please HELP! I've been trying for hours now! I hate figuring stuff out, but I know it's worth it in the end. Thanks

Greybaby