Geforce 6600 LE on Leopard

egarim

30 posts in this topic

I'm using the mac.nub installer on leopard with geforce 6600 LE ( I use these option 8800 with AMD fix and 256mb in NVinject like it was wrote in the installer). I change the id into Geforce.kext using the id of my video card 0142: <string>0x014210de</string> but it's the same and nothing works! Anyone could help ? Regards.

You need to change the Device ID String in:

Gefoce.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVinject.kext (or Natit.kext)

The mac.nub does not install NVDANV40Hal.kext because is for 8x00 cards, and the 6600 is not a 8x00 card, you can install the necessary kext from the Leo intall DVD or even with the 10.5.1 update. The Installer Installs NVDANV50Hal.kext responsible for 8x00 cards. the NVDANV40Hal.kext is responsible for 6x00 and 7x00 cards, NVDANV30Hal.kext for FX or 5x00, NVDANV20Hal.kext for GeForce 4 series, and NVDANV10Hal.kext for GeForce 4MX

Do we need to patch something for AMD ? I read somewhere we had to patch NVDAResman.kext using Marvin's utility to get the graphic card working.

Yes, with Marvin's Utility.

Also, if you have a Nforce MoBo you need to delete the &0xfffxffff part to avoid conflicts with other Nvidia components, so the best is to leave the DeviceID pure, like this:

0x014110de 0x014210de

or this:

0x014210de

Tried with NVinject 1.5 added the device Id in every kext and patched NVDAResman.kext and all i got was a blue background and the mouse pointer :P

Thank you for reply but I don't understand a think... Why i need the Marvin's utility? Are you talking for the update to 10.5.1 ? Should I simply put the id into all 3 files ? Corrects ? Regards

You need Marvin's Utility to patch for encrypted/cpuid binaries on the NVDAResman.kext

Tried with NVinject 1.5 added the device Id in every kext and patched NVDAResman.kext and all i got was a blue background and the mouse pointer ;)

Did you have 2 monitors connected, if not try another port of the Card, some cards doesn't like one of the ports.

You need Marvin's Utility to patch for encrypted/cpuid binaries on the NVDAResman.kext

Did you have 2 monitors connected, if not try another port of the Card, some cards doesn't like one of the ports.

My monitor is this one and only has a VGA port.

acer-al1916w-as-monitor_big.jpg

Anyway thanks for your answers Macgirl :censored2:

Last time i tried with Natit I could get the card working with resolution change but no QE/CI available.

I'm starting to think that this card is purely not compatible with Leopard but it kinda annoys me when I see some people getting their GeForce 5 working.

I don't think that, if my 6600 works on Leo, the 6600LE has different clock speed and memory speed than mine, doesn't it?

I getting the blue screen also, but only when I have connected the monitor plus the TV, if I left just the monitor and after I have the destop make a "Detect Displays" I could have both with Natit, no luck with NVinject though.

I got GeForce 6600 LE on AMD Athlon 64 3500+ and it works flawlessly, same IDs. I only had to change the IDs on NVDAResman.kext, NVDANV40hal.kext and GeForce.kext. Natit.kext works without any change.

Try adding the "&0xfff0ffff" to the ID like the other entries. I don't know if that's required so I added with and without it. I'll check this later.

I got GeForce 6600 LE on AMD Athlon 64 3500+ and it works flawlessly, same IDs. I only had to change the IDs on NVDAResman.kext, NVDANV40hal.kext and GeForce.kext. Natit.kext works without any change.

Try adding the "&0xfff0ffff" to the ID like the other entries. I don't know if that's required so I added with and without it. I'll check this later.

Great news, do you have QE/CI enabled ?

Could you create a zip archive of your own modified kexts, since we both have the 6600LE and an AMD processor, it should work :P

Thanks if you can do that.

On other chipsets rather than NForce that could work, but there is an issue on NForce Boards that could end in conflicts because a lot of components on the board have the same Vendor ID (10DE is the Nvidia Vendor Identification)

On other chipsets rather than NForce that could work, but there is an issue on NForce Boards that could end in conflicts because a lot of components on the board have the same Vendor ID (10DE is the Nvidia Vendor Identification)

My motherboard is NForce4. :( Oh well.

Great news, do you have QE/CI enabled ?

Could you create a zip archive of your own modified kexts, since we both have the 6600LE and an AMD processor, it should work :wacko:

Thanks if you can do that.

http://rapidshare.com/files/75124938/6600LEkexts.rar

Sorry for the delay. I really hope this is just a misconfiguration. Tell me if it worked.

leopardamdck9.th.png

Uhh, can anyone tell me how they take screenshots of just a window including the shadow?

Holly sh*it, it works. Thank you sooooo much, you saved my life, my week-end and my Mac Experience :(

:D

I was pretty excited when my PC worked with Leopard even when people saying Leopard don't like the nForce chipsets. I feel bad for the fans of the OS that can't run it.

I helped my friend here in Brazil to install the OS on his PC and he was so happy. Heh, he don't even have broadband.

Hello,

I installed kexts posted by MarioJE. QE/CI works. i had to change id's in GeForce, NVD*.....and it works but only with his natit......when try natiti dual v1, v2 nvinject always got blues screen....

I think this is problem with my S-video (attached).... in natit posted above I don't see nvcap values...... and I think that's why it works......

I have got MSI GF 6600......014110de......

Someone can help me with dual screen???? In Tiger 10.4.10 everything worked with natit dual v2????

thanks for help

p.s. Sorry about my english, I come from Poland

My MSI GF 6600 also worked fine in Tiger, I have the same problem as you.

What I do is boot with only the monitor connected, then whe I got the desktop I connect the TV and make a "Detect Displays", then I can work with both the TV and Monitor.