Will the MacFuse 3g NTFS Tools work in Leo?

StealthMode

9 posts in this topic

I was wondering if the MacFuse 3G NTFS driver tools will work in Leo. They worked great in Tiger, but I don't know if there will be a compatibility issue with Leo. Any suggestions?

they work, but with issues on my leo install. often I loose write access to my data partition. my vista boot partition is working fine. so there are some problems still. e.g the trial version of paragon ntfs for mac works perfect for me. but it's only a trial version. hope there will be a more stable version soon.

Do any of you know how to get the OPTIONS for macFUSE to work?

I'm looking to keep my NTFS drives clean from all of Leopards clutter, .DS_Store, .Trashes etc etc. I have already downloaded BlueHarvest and it worked good, just the program is always prompting me for a password and I'm working with the author to get it fixed.

macFUSE Options

Where do I enable & disable these, and I'm looking for the auto mount place only plz.

This is what I have found so far

sudo nano /System/Library/Filesystems/ntfs-3g.fs/ntfs-3g.util

go down about 10 pages and you'll see:

local OPTIONS="auto_xattr,defer_auth,defer_permissions"

I would like the noappledouble & noapplexattr options but when I do that,

local OPTIONS="noapplexattr,noappledouble,defer_auth,defer_permissions"

it asks me for my password and then it still won't copy. Some auth. error if I remember correctly. I think those are the options that I need, but just looking for advice on cleaning up the NTFS drives without any prompting.

• 1 year later...
Do any of you know how to get the OPTIONS for macFUSE to work?

I'm looking to keep my NTFS drives clean from all of Leopards clutter, .DS_Store, .Trashes etc etc. I have already downloaded BlueHarvest and it worked good, just the program is always prompting me for a password and I'm working with the author to get it fixed.

macFUSE Options

Where do I enable & disable these, and I'm looking for the auto mount place only plz.

This is what I have found so far

sudo nano /System/Library/Filesystems/ntfs-3g.fs/ntfs-3g.util

go down about 10 pages and you'll see:

local OPTIONS="auto_xattr,defer_auth,defer_permissions"

I would like the noappledouble & noapplexattr options but when I do that,

local OPTIONS="noapplexattr,noappledouble,defer_auth,defer_permissions"

it asks me for my password and then it still won't copy. Some auth. error if I remember correctly. I think those are the options that I need, but just looking for advice on cleaning up the NTFS drives without any prompting.

This may be an old thread. But I would like to know the answer to this.