Installation DVD can't find hard drive!

exillo

4 posts in this topic

I downloaded the "Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1 for AMD SSE2/SSE3 (32bits)" install dvd and went to install it but it won't get past an error saying something about firewire and security.

I pressed f8 instead of any button on my next few tries and it says 'hd (33,1) mac osx' etc or however you write those things.

hd 33,1 clearly isnt my hard drive / partition I want to install it to and by what i've researched seems to be my dvd drive.

How do I fix this? I'm desperate for leopard. :tomato:

comp specs

AMD64 3500+

Asus A8N-SLI

GeForce 7600 GT

2GB RAM

It's a 320Gb Western Digital WD3200KS SATA2.

Does that mean I can't use Leopard ever? :unsure::)

EDIT: I was trying to find if I had a SATA or PATA and according to Wiki PATA uses ribbon cables which my computer definitately has (and is what I used to connect everything). Is this good? :o

EDIT2: Also, I'm getting the message "disk1s3, major 14, minor 8 " along with lots of other lines of text then the comp reboots. Is this the real problem?

It's a 320Gb Western Digital WD3200KS SATA2.

Does that mean I can't use Leopard ever? ;):)

EDIT: I was trying to find if I had a SATA or PATA and according to Wiki PATA uses ribbon cables which my computer definitately has (and is what I used to connect everything). Is this good? :o

EDIT2: Also, I'm getting the message "disk1s3, major 14, minor 8 " along with lots of other lines of text then the comp reboots. Is this the real problem?

If you have to go to Wiki to find out the difference between PATA and SATA you probably shouldn't even try to tackle this.