System Hangup on Startup (P4 3.2GHZ HT, ASUS BRD)

sladeslade

7 posts in this topic

it freezes before going into login screen, it gave me this hpet errors before, so i deleted the applecpupowermanagement and extensions.kext --> still freezes, last 2 lines are like "loading login screen" and "InterfaceNamer, no network interface, can't open uuid" --> starting without the -v results "press restart oder hold down power button"

i run a pentium 4, 3,2ghz with HyperThreading on an ASUS board

any suggestions?

ok, i'm really desperate for help, i've tried a lot, platform=acpi, -x -f -v, nothing works, googling for it results in finding even more people with the same problem, contacting those poeple results in getting told they think leopard-x86-flat-img was nothing but a hoax and it wouldn't work on anyones computer -> i just can't believe this, there must be a solution to this? >> i also get the following error "error getting a reference to IODeviceTree"

what's going on there? it really should work, i already hat the tiger flat image installed before and my configuration is a 100% compatible with the assumed leopard-x86-flat-img, unless it's really just a hoax.

pleeeezeeeee, heeelp? anyone?

okay and here it goes another update on my situation, i'm most definately sure, it's not the graphics card, i've heard apple ships macpros with an nvidia 7600 gt, so... it must be something else, a friend, who doesn't know anything about mac or windows yet told me, the IODeviceTree error shouldn't be a problem, that would cause the machine to freeze, he said it must be something about the very function of the kernel. he said, there are two possibilities: first, the patched kernel in the leopard-x86-flat-img really only supports core2duo processors and fails on P4 HT or lower, weird i find, cause the author of the file must have had some reason to say it supported all SSE3 machines --> or he said i should look out for an smBIOS file, that could be the cause as well

now i'm out in the open and have no idea what so ever...

please help me... anyone?

Hello there :-)

i am at the same point

i have a prescott with 3GHZ, switched even to my old GF5200 but it helped nothing. This image has some walls where such a maschine just cant get through. Are there other kernels than that one in this image, i mean modified ones?

At the moment i believe that my install disks are buggy by the burning process (hope heh).

Definitly there is nothing better than a real mac.... :tomato:

yer, well there is nothing better... if u happen to be a rich person, apple computers are very buggy and in 1 out of 3 cases, break within 2 years, and apple covers almost nothing on their warranty, plus they won't supply any spare parts

i found out, this image really doesn't support SSE3, only core2duo, you can get it to run though by customizing a bit, change kernel for SSE2, change dsmos and AppleSMBios etc... ooor maybe you just start from scratch and patch for SSE2, worked fine with me, but was way slower than tiger for SSE3, so i've temporarily given up on leopard, until someone comes up with a real solution