installation problem

PaulPosition

23 posts in this topic

Hi all,

i'm trying to install OS X Leopard 10.5.1 for AMD SSE2/SSE3 (32bits) but i've got always this problem:

disk1s3, major 14, minor 8

and then, system reboot after about 30 seconds.

I've tried burn iso on 3 different dvd support, at 2X speed. Also tried to change hdd but nothing.

I've disabled ACPI, USB Legacy support and also sata controller.

i've an asus a8n sli deluxe with 2x 7600gt (sli, but also tried with 1 single card) 2gb ddr.

primary master is the hdd where i'd like to install osx86 and primary slave is the dvd drive.

nothing to do.... :D

in the past i've succesfully installed osx86 10.4.8 on the same system

please someone could help me?

thanks

ciao, Paolo

And i have also previously runned OSX Tiger on my machine.

Obviously a lot of people are having this problem.

And everyone ignores us :(

You guys know how to pause the screen, just before et reboots, so we can see what messages that appear?

On my machine the bsd root disk1s3, major 14, minor 8 message appeard, for like 15-20 seconds.

Then 5 messages appear, so quick that i cant see what they say, and then it reboots..

Have tried to read the Messages before it reboots

last Line BSD root: disk1s3, major 14, minor 7

then something is loading from Dvd a short time, then ca. 20sec nothing

at last this..

syncing disks....Killing all Processes

Reboot

thats all

at last this..

Reboot

thats all

yes, this is the message

no solutions for me ;)(

P.

I had a similar problem. I dont know exactly what solved it.

I...

-Burned the patched ISO again using a slower burning speed & different media

-disabling any secondary IDE/SATA Controller. In my case, JMicron JMB363

-try a different SATA/IDE DVD drive. I have a ICH8R controller hooked up to an SATA to IDE converter hooked up to a NEC 3550A DVD burner. That burner seemed to work the best for me.

-Move the drives around, change cables, put your DVD drive first, etc...

-Unplug any unnecessarly drives, IDE, SATA & Flash drives too. You can plug in your flash when the time comes.

-Keep trying things, it will get in there eventually.

-Newer computers have different BIOS, enhanced & Compat. modes, I believe the enhanced AHCI worked best on my ICH8R.

I knew something was wrong when my HDD was being power cycled aka turned off. I could hear it.

at last this..

Reboot

thats all

I had the same problem except it's not rebooting but stops there. The problem for me was my BrazilMac patch was no good. I patched my retail Mac OS X v10.5 DMG image (with BrazilMac patch 31-October-2007 version) on my G4 Mac mini running *v10.5.1*. Then there were more than single error. I thought those errors are the errors BrazilMac was talking about. They were not. I reinstalled v10.4.3 on Mac mini and then did the patch process again. This time I got single line error during patching process, which BrazilMac was talking about. With this patched DVD, "BSD root:..." is gone and everything works like a charm. Where did you patch yours?

--S

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Also have this lockup issue just after "BSD root:", Dell XPS M1710 4GB 512VRAM. Had it working once, must have been a fluke. Did a boot once with -legacy and hardly got it to work again after that, even after reinstall, without cpus=1. Maybe 1 in 200 times it boots it will make it into Leopard. Strange thing is, USB and DVD devices all boot without this error. Must be SATA controller related. Mine is ICH7-M 0x27c48086, and yes it's in the proper kext (boots fine with cpus=1).

Oh.. both vanilla 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 do it.