Uphuck v1.4i r3 - Which Graphics Driver?

dmdzine

4 posts in this topic

Okay, so I have the uphuck 10.4 v1.4i r3 dvd, and I am trying to install it on my system. I have an ATI Radeon 128Mb PCI (according to "system profiler") graphics card. I see a lot of VGA drivers listed under the ATI dropdown in the components section of the installer. Which one do I want to use for my card?

Also, I went through the install before and just picked the first ati vga driver, and the install went fine. Unfortunately, upon booting up the system after the install, I got stuck on the grey apple logo screen. Then I tried booting in verbose mode + safe mode (-v -x), this time I got a black screen with lots of thin white stripes...

Also, in the select packages to install section, there is a listing that says 10.4.4 login window... Do I need this? I have a Dell Dimension, P4 1.7GHz, 1 Gb RAM, 40Gb HDD.

what model is it?

oops! forgot to put that in! It's an ATI Radeon 9800

I have also gotten the system started since I wrote the first post, except I don't have any ethernet and my gfx card is listed as being 16mb, so visuals are choppy, and I can't play DVDs.

So any info on what driver to use and how to set this up would be great