uphuck_10.4.9_v1.4i_r2?

inc188

10 posts in this topic

i followed the tutorial as it said.... and i got the the grey mac logo loading with a little swirly circlet thingy.... but i have like a "do not enter" sign on the screen as well and i am not sure if it should show up or not? also, i let it ran for 15 mins and no luck... any clues to whats happening?

Hey, good morning everyone! :D

I loaded the same version "uphuck_10.4.9_v1.4i_r2" and followed this manual: The ultimate OSX on PC guide :)

And I have the same problem after a short time of loading: The screen with the Apple logo and the the loading-swirl getting darker and this symbol appears.

I just tried it with the -v boot option to see what's happening, and these are the last lines:

ApplePS2Controller: Time out on mouse input stream.

USBF: 85.831 AppleUSBOHCI[0x1967800]::stat 0HCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

USBF: 85.834 AppleUSBOHCI[0x1a40000]::stat 0HCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

USBF: 85.837 AppleUSBOHCI[0x1913800]::stat 0HCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

ApplePS2Keyboard: Unexpected acknowledge from PS/2 controller.

ApplePS2Keyboard: Unexpected acknowledge from PS/2 controller.

ApplePS2Keyboard: Unexpected resend request from PS/2 controller.

AppleGenericPCATADriver: CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ14

Extension "com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass" has no kernel dependency.

Firewire (OHCI) VendorID 1039 ID 7007 PCI now active, GUID 000010dc002510f2; max speed s400.

Still waiting for root device

Still waiting for root device

The last line "Still waiting for root device" is repeated all the time... :D

Can anybody help me to stop waiting for the root device :D , please??? :D

Thank you so much :D

Hey, good morning everyone! :D

I loaded the same version "uphuck_10.4.9_v1.4i_r2" and followed this manual: The ultimate OSX on PC guide :)

And I have the same problem after a short time of loading: The screen with the Apple logo and the the loading-swirl getting darker and this symbol appears.

I just tried it with the -v boot option to see what's happening, and these are the last lines:

The last line "Still waiting for root device" is repeated all the time... :yoji:

Can anybody help me to stop waiting for the root device ;) , please??? :D

Thank you so much ;)

Is that happening when you load the DVD or after the install? If it's while booting the DVD, try another DVD drive.

If that doesn't solve the problem, tell me and I'll give you another solution.

EDIT: btw, also check out these links:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...for+root+device

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...for+root+device

Wow, so easy???

I meanwhile got the ToH Leopard DVD and installed that one. And yes, It worked with the second DVD-drive!

And I just finished the leopard installation after 5 hours of hard working!!!

There were so much errors and finally the "not booting without the DVD"-Problem: But I got it!!!

I can switch between Win and Mac OS! Thx to all the guys written the manuals ^^ and especially to you, SnipinTerminator!

Now, I have to think about the Ethernet Connection, because there are no way to get the SiS 900 PCI-Thing going on the PC, right?!

Wow, so easy???

I meanwhile got the ToH Leopard DVD and installed that one. And yes, It worked with the second DVD-drive!

And I just finished the leopard installation after 5 hours of hard working!!!

There were so much errors and finally the "not booting without the DVD"-Problem: But I got it!!!

I can switch between Win and Mac OS! Thx to all the guys written the manuals ^^ and especially to you, SnipinTerminator!

Now, I have to think about the Ethernet Connection, because there are no way to get the SiS 900 PCI-Thing going on the PC, right?!

hey what did you use to dual boot? i mean which tutorial? and also, how did you get fix the problem with "not booting without dvd?

thanks

Don't now if this is the one he used, but it's a good one: http://osx86.thefreesuite.com/index.php

hey Snipin,

i got the dual boot setup but i when i load tiger i cant see anything... just a black screen.. i am guessing this is due to the videdo card... i got ati radeon x1300 and i looked around and found ntit 1300 kext and installer but i have no clue to how to install it... since i really cant see.. do you know how i might be able to get around it ?

thanks for your help