Leo won't boot because of Airport?

aquanutz

4 posts in this topic

So I had tiger 10.4.10 up and running just fine with EFI 5.1 and I decided to upgrade my Tiger install with ToH Leopard. I installed it and was getting kernel panics so I placed the dsmos.kext properly and removed the other AppleEFI kext... Now I don't get a KP when I reboot, it hangs after dsmos loads and moves onto my airport driver for my dell card... Here is a pic. Any thoughts?

edit: attached photo. I also have tried booting with my ToH kernel, same result.

post-6774-1196353244_thumb.jpg

Might not even be the Airport that's causing the problem. It might be trying to load something after successfully loading the Airport, and that is causing it to hang.

EDIT: Don't think this is the problem, but you might try replacing the vanilla AppleSMBIOS.kext with the one included in the EFI you downloaded.

Might not even be the Airport that's causing the problem. It might be trying to load something after successfully loading the Airport, and that is causing it to hang.

EDIT: Don't think this is the problem, but you might try replacing the vanilla AppleSMBIOS.kext with the one included in the EFI you downloaded.

do that and boot in safe mode so it wont load the wireless drivers. repair permissions; rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext and try again.