Getting efi guide + loading vannila kernals

John Abrahams

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've recently heard that it is possible to load efi on your computer and run a native untouched kernal. I'm currently running 10.4.9 and would very much appreciate it if someone could post a thread in tutorials about how I could go about doing this, with the needed files attached. I am totally lost, I have searched on many forums and cannot find any details, also I am a total noob and would appreciate if you would not skip lines which I might not guess.

Thanks

Hi John,

I report from another site (DigitMemo.com) the guide that i found and that works for me ok on my Asus W7J.

It's important that you make EVERYTHING the guide says in order to prevent to stuck in the boot of osx.

I'm posting here the guide only, while you can find the needed files on most famous upload services. If you can's find the files, search on p2p or PM.

Regards.

How_To_Install_EFI_patch_and_Use_Unmodified_OS_X_Kernel_in_Hackintosh.pdf

If you get stuck at boot menu, try press F8 in Darwin and boot with: kernel.patched (or the name of your functional backup kernel - eg. mach_kernel.toh) so you can boot into the system and retry the patch.

Keep me informed. Good luck!

i've managed finaly to get it work on efi v5 after reading all comment on this forum it helped me

thanks guys for making this possible

i've just update directly from apple the most important apple update from 10.5 to 10.5.1

looks very nice and functionaly (it a ToH dvd first installed)

got to get the now speedstep and sleep works

I've tried to load up the mach_kernel.toh but it doesn't work. I'm not sure what to do. Is there a better way to get efi working? P.S. Does anyone have 10.4.9 vanilla mach_kernel???I'm going to reinstall mac... 10.4.9.. hopefully someone can please post a step by step guide as to how to get efi working...please?