Triple Booting Vista, Xp , Osx 10.4.11

ziggypop1234

4 posts in this topic

Help! ;)

I have xp and vista on my sata hd installed in dual boot mode, I disconnected my sata drive and installed Mac nubs 10.4.10 on spare ide drive working perfectly. What I want to do is add and combine my osx installation so I can triple boot xp, vista and osx using the vista bootloader if possible. At the moment I am able to boot osx using the bios selection after i disable my xp and vista sata drive.

So my setup:

Sata - XP and Vista on dual boot working perfectly

IDE - Osx 10.4.11 fully working no efi

Any help on getting this working would be greatly appreciated.

I use Acronis OS Selector. It is part of the Acronis Disk Director suite now. The latest version supports Vista also. Basically, you install it in XP or Vista, it doesn't matter which. Then when you boot up your computer, it will automatically boot to OS Selector. From initial first boot, it should detect all OSes in your system. If needed, you can manually configure any OS to boot. Then you just click on the OS you want to boot. The OS selector menu looks very close to the XP Welcome login screen, but instead of User logins icons, they're OS icons. I quadruple boot Vista, XP, Tiger, and Leopard. I might replace Tiger with Ubuntu when Leopard is solid enough. :thumbsup_anim:

One more thing, Vista takes over the XP boot loader when you install it after XP. To prevent this, I installed Vista on a different drive from XP. And before installing Vista, I disconnected the XP drive so Vista can't see it. Why hide XP from Vista? Well, if you let Vista taker over the XP bootloader, then if Vista messes up, there's a chance it can mess up the bootloader and you won't be able to boot into XP either. There are other ways to prevent this, but I think this is the easiest workaround.