11 posts in this topic

Okay here is my problem, when I try to install the Leopard DVD ToH RC2 on my:

Intel Pentium D 3.06Ghz

ATIReadon X100 128MB

disk1 150GB (Vista)

disk2 40GB (OSX86)

1,25 GB RAM DDR-400

Supports SSE,SSE2,SSE3

It hangs on 20% or so and it stops, I don't see the blue thing moving.

What do I need to do?

I know this probably doesn't help, but I have a similar problem on a C2D/680i comp. 1 IDE HD with 1 HFS+ partition, 1 IDE DVD-ROM on same channel. Tiger installed ok, Leo hangs at various points depending on if, for example, DMA is on/off in BIOS.

Strange.

consider burning the image with a different dvd burner. i had problems with an image burned from a particular sony dvdrw drive that i had. maybe try a differnt disk type too? only if the other solution doesnt work, that way you can rule this out!

I had to actually babysit my computer during the installation. If I walked away it would "Freeze". Moving the mouse seemed to get it going again (the "liquid" in the loading bar began to move) but no progress was made at all after quite some time. I just played my Wii and bumped my mouse every 10 minutes or so to keep it awake.

I tried in English and it did not work, it froze even earlier.

Now I can't boot in Vista anymore(huh it's another HDD) and my XP SP2 CD is booting but after all th blue part (copying files+selecting your partition) it will reboot and it begins doing the same thing again and again.What do I need to do to get my machine working again.

Please help I can get into the BIOS but I can't go into Vista nor XP.

I tried in English and it did not work, it froze even earlier.

Now I can't boot in Vista anymore(huh it's another HDD) and my XP SP2 CD is booting but after all th blue part (copying files+selecting your partition) it will reboot and it begins doing the same thing again and again.What do I need to do to get my machine working again.

Please help I can get into the BIOS but I can't go into Vista nor XP.

Make sure you've set your SATA back to IDE, and set your Vista HDD as the primary (and #1).